Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jrox, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Me and the wife have been experiencing a lot of fatal errors and crashes since the Update. We occasionally like once a month would crash previous. Now we crash 5-6 times a day each.

One of them is a hard crash to desktop with no error screen. Its like the game just quits out.

The second is here...
    [IMG]

Please help...

My info:

[IMG]
  2. Kenn Well-Known Member

Have you tried to play with Windows Defender and Firewall turned off to see if that causes it?
  3. Tannie Member

Turn off Anti-Aliasing Buffer (set to "none") this seems to clear up about 80% of my crashes.
  4. Monkybones Member

I get the same error, wife gets it, 3 of my friends get it. ALL since the VoV expansion. Every 10 or 15 minutes we crash. Now, I've been researching this error for the last month and it's been doing this on systems that exceed the recommended specs since 2004 and NOTHING has been done about it. It's NOT our systems! It's the game! We've played EQ2 since the beginning, what, about 20 years? And never had this problem on our old systems. We all upgraded our rigs to GEN 12 Intel's, 128 GB RAM, M.2 SSD's, Nvidia rtx 3080 TI cards, etc. Should be able to run anything, and they do, EXCEPT EQ2 cause it's so old. So please don't start suggesting that it's the players system when it's not. Just saying . . . . .
  5. Kenn Well-Known Member

Well, lately, EQ2 has been closing with an unrecoverable error. It happens to me randomly when I am tabbed out looking up stuff on the internet. It doesn't do it every 15 minutes, but has done it a few times over a couple days. I'll get a screen shot next time it happens and see if it is the same error message you get.
  6. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

Yes, This Happens A LOT to most of our Guild in our Tier 3 Restored Highkeep Guild Hall,. But I have been experiencing them all over now.. Mostly when a zone exchange is in process. These are No Warning, Straight to desktop Fatal Errors. Key Areas I notice them the Most: Renfrey's Basement (Mostly Exiting into Forlorn Gist), Into and Out of the Guild Hall, On Rarer occasions just moving between overland Zones.
    Jrox likes this.
  7. Kenn Well-Known Member

I got this while trying to zone to Obulus Frontier, but I have gotten it with other stuff aswell.

[IMG]
    Jrox likes this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Wife is getting this a lot as well.
  9. Menoric Member

I have been getting both the Fatal Error and complete application crash to desktop as well. These have been happening 10X more than in the past ever since GU119.