Fastest way to level a crafter ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by mague, Jan 14, 2013.

1. mague Active Member

Dont get me wrong. Usually i am playing to achieve. But since i am playing at odd times i am solo a lot of time. I am jeweler and with experimentation etc. i think about roling an armorer and wepaonsmith. Whats the fastest way to level them including using station cash ?
  2. Lenolian Active Member

Rush orders, it takes usually 3 to 4 writs (without vitality/exp potions) per level and 5 minutes max per writ. Just keep spamming the 3 progress reactions to make the process faster.

If your main is not lvl 95 jeweler yet, you might want to spent a few time to lvl him to max, you get 20% bonus for each toons at amx level. If your account is old enough, you should be able to claim several xp potions, you can also get xp potions from tradeskill researcher quests (as well as progress potion to make writs even faster). With station cash you can buy vitality potions, to get 3x the exp.

With all of that you should be able to easily get 350-400% xp bonus and rush through writs.

If you can/want for seasonal event (city festival next month, moonlight enchantments next week...), they often offers easy TS quests that yield substantial xp (moonlight shadow in the darklight wood ring offers a repeatable TS quest that is done in under 1 minute).

As an exemple, i leveled a provisionner during double xp weekend (without vitality so just x2 xp) in less than 2 days, i was doing it slowly (doing instances with mains when possible).

PS : Dont forget to spend your aa at lvl 18 !

PPS: Forgot to add, that the lowest adventure level your toon is, the easier leveling a tradeskill. Reactions take a percentage of your power, not a fixed value and at low level you regenerate power so fast that your bar will never go down even while spamming reactions.
  3. Elostirion Well-Known Member

What Lenolian said.

Last time I added a crafter I did the 0-9 questline, grinded recipes thru the 20's, then ground writs the rest of the way to 90 and then did the WL quests for those recipes.

I find that XP pots and vitality is pretty unneeded after 50, as the writ reward becomes the lions share of the XP relative to the 6 combines per writ and xp pots dont double quest rewards.

Doing it like this it took 147 writs to hit 90. Given that it took about 20 writs to go from 92 to 95, and the WL quests got you 91, you're probably looking at 175 writs to do this today.
  4. Caela Well-Known Member

If you have a tradeskill apprentice, you can use the Potions of Progress and Potions of Innovation to make it faster.

Potions of Innovation will complete three combines in 18 seconds (as long as you are quick to start a new combine - get a custom UI like DarqUI* that will allow you to repeat the same recipe with just hitting enter). If your writ is to make three of the same thing, then three of another thing - you can churn through the writs really fast.

I have not done all tradeskill professions - but my carpenter and provisioner were easy to use the PoI's - but the alchemy writs sometimes have you making 6 different recipes (instead of 2 recipes 3 times) - so you can't use the PoI's on them.

Potions of Progress, along with tradeskill AA's can make each combine pretty fast - you can do at least 3 writs per potion.

At lvl 50 you can do the instances - and with the AA's and progress potions can get through it fairly quickly and they give a lot of xp and tradeskill jewelry. With faction and tokens you can get more gear that will add to progress to make combines faster.

Don't forget to get overclocked tools - they will help with speedy combines as well.

*DarqUI has one of the best tradeskill interfaces I've seen. I wrote a review on my blog
  5. mague Active Member

Thanks all.

Approx. 180 orders sounds reasonable. At my speed its maybe 3-4 weekends.
  6. altsofalltrades New Member

You just missed the absolute best way to level a new crafter, Frostfell during double xp weekend (even without double xp weekend it is still fastest). If you still don't have all 9 and want to do some more next Frostfell here is what you do. You get the TSmission for Permafrost it is similar to the mara missions. When you go in the instance there are 7 subquests fuel is cheap and mats are provided. Do any 6 of the subquests I usually skip one of the tailor subquests because they require the same mats for both and collecting the mats gives you enough for one subquest. When you have completed 6 leave the instance delete the quest and start over. Until lvl 41 these combines give you 375 ts xp each ( double xp vitality and a pot = 410% bonuses making your total a little over 1900xp/combine). At 41 it starts to drop a bit each level at lvl 50 I usually switch and do ship out (the mara access quest) and then do writs as the xp award for the writ begins to outweigh the diminishing returns from the combines.

If you want to do the questing on the way up SF DoV and WL find someone who has a house published with a door to GH ( I actually have a house with all the crafting stations a depot and a sales crate with fuels so I leave by the house door) then for instance when you get the request for the boots in moors during ship out you "visit" the house that is published use the door to your GH make the combines and leave by the door to the GH you will go back in world at the exact spot you were ( right in front of the guy with the quest) . I find this easier than carrying all the mats and portable stations. For fastest I would only do the DoV line at least to othimir shell armor if you are going to want any thurgadin recipes or a coldain prayer shawl might as well do the questlines while you are leveling and the WL line since 91,93,95 writs will be here soon and you have to do the questline anyway.

I would recomend you get your max level toon that can do mara missions ( or at least 93.6 so you can have 3 points in mass produce.) since the mara quests do not count as the item is made but at turn in you can use mass produce to finish the mission in a matter of minutes get the quest inside once gather mats and use mass produce 15 for each combine. 9 combines and you are done with a chance and some nice ts jewelry or a deadly mixing spoon / rolling pin that gives good success chance and a small xp boost but as has been mentioned the xp from combines is insignificant to the writ xp award.

Outside of that yeah just grinding ts writs all the way through.
  7. decator666 Member

Rush orders for sure. You can pop a 100% leveling potion too. 1 weekend should be all it takes if you don't have any holdups on mats etc...