Fastest Tradeskill to level up

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-lukenbill27, Jan 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-lukenbill27 Guest

What does everyone think the fastest tradeskill to level up is?
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailduo Guest

Plotz@Nagafen wrote:
    Sage...
  3. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

Wullail@Splitpaw wrote:
    Sage, Jeweler or Alchemist. They all get far more recipes than the other classes.
  4. ARCHIVED-lukenbill27 Guest

Now which do you think could make more money or be needed more?

Is a provy hard/worth leveling up?
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

erin wrote:
    Sage has the most recipe to disco on.

As for who makes the most money, it's more how well you know/work your servers market than what class you pick.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Provisioners are easy to level because they use no rares and the raws are usually insanely cheap on the broker. And you can pretty much sell any food you make.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ssyxz Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Provisioners are probably the cheapest to level (because of the above) but they get so few new items each level that it becomes a writ grind almost immediatly. Sages have tons of new items each level, so you constantly are getting the 'first time crafting' bonus well into the level.
  8. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Sage is fastest to level.
    My personal best so far is a little less than 3 days for 1-80 but that also included a lot of unnecessary questing.
    Whats your personal best on speed leveling?
  9. ARCHIVED-Finny Guest

My first character was a sage because I wanted to make my own spells. I used to get bonus xp (new recipes) that would take me well into the 40% range, and then grind the rest with rush orders. I really love that prof because it's been very useful for me and my guildies, and I can make decent money at higher tiers.
    My second crafter was a carpenter because I had far too many furniture pieces to commission and was spending oodles of money making furniture. It was fun because I got to see my creation after each new recipe. However bonus xp towards the end was very sparse and rarely got me over 5%.
    So anything that gives loads of recipes will be easiest to level due to the bonus xp. I'm guessing alchemy and jeweler will be easy too though not quite as easy as Sage since Sage covers more classes.
  10. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

And as a plus to the Sage, or any spell maker for that matter, everyone will always need Expert spells made. There will always be a good market. Personally, I am a 80 carpenter. I love that craft :) Everything I make sells on the broker, including all the items I dont want anymore when I redecorate. The amt of money I make is fair for the market and its steady if I want to earn money that way. But go with what you really want to do or you will hate leveling.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Lvl 9 to 75 carpenter in a 72 hour period. (Writ contest from that one really really hot place that I'm not sure I can name on the forums).
  12. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

Easiest and fastest is the one you have the materials for =)
  13. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Plotz@Nagafen wrote:
    Provisioner is hardest to lvl up imo i'm trying to get 3 other crafters at cap before i begin the grind for my provi. You get i believe 2 items per level for a provisioner, 1 food and 1 drink for most levels.