faster way to empty depots and bags

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

Can we get a way to empty our bags/boxes in a all in 1 click way or a way to transfer or move bigger stacks of items from depots around? I noticed if say you wanted to move 10,000 iron clusters or whatever from a depot to say another depot in a guild you have to literally spam click the stack while holding control just to pull 200 a stack which is very tedious if you had say 99,999 of it instead. Now picture you wanted to destroy the 10,000 of the iron clusters from your bags you have to literally click and drag to destroy each stack when there instead just a way to select all of it and remove it in one go so can we either get larger stack sizes for bags or a faster way to all click empty the said bag?
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

So far as I know, the only way to speed empty a bag is into an appropriate depot with 'deposit all'.

Decorators as well have been begging for years for a way to dump bags rather than go through the carpal inducing tedium that is setting up for a build.

Personally I'd be tickled to see something implemented, even if it's just stack size increase (which has been done for a few items, so it's possible).
  3. Lasai Well-Known Member

Oh, those days of 25 arrows and 5 totems per stack..... or was it 100 arrows? Getting rusty. I still have 5 stack totems in the guild bank. too cheap to just junk them and make more.
  4. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I would love to see this implemented!
    Siren and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're looking to empty one back into another...
    1) open the target bag/box
    2) drag the bag ICON (on character sheet or in bank) into the inventory of the target container

As many of the items in the second bag as fit into the first bag will be moved into the first bag.
    Drelkag, HaphazardAllure and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was 100 arrows.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember some discussions about how cumbersome working with the database could be some years ago. I think some QoL improvements would be great, but at the same time I'm surprised it doesn't simply explode sometimes. After a couple of problem my wife and I have had and then dealing with support where they've had to grab devs to help to get things sorted out over the years it seems like even the people on the inside barely have a grasp on things. At this point I wouldn't hold out waiting for them to allocate time for something that's not game breaking. They barely have time for the things that are game breaking.
  8. Anhari Active Member

This does not always work. If there is a LORE item in the depositing bag, then it will fail stating you already have one of that item. Apparently it makes a copy of each item into the new destination before deleting out of the supplying container. So to get around this you have to manually move the LORe items.
  9. Arial Burnz New Member

I JUST FIGURED IT OUT BY ACCIDENT!! So excited I found a way to do this. Okay...so...here's how you empty the contents of one bag into another, whether it is from your inventory on your toon OR from box to box in your bank: Drag the whole bag/box to an EMPTY SLOT in the receiving bag.

YAY!

Arial
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.