Fashion Designer

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Almee, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I don't know who does the current fashion designs but they are coming up with some really impressive designs. I used to just throw on my characters whatever I could find, while adventuring, but now I'm actually taking the time to dress them in outfits.

I wish DP would let the designer add some new character hairstyles as well. I usually don't show helms or head coverings so hairstyles matter more now that my characters don't look like they got their clothes from the local charity. On the other hand, some of the new helms are really sharp so I have some of my characters now showing their head gear. If this keeps up I'm going to have to start investing in some wardrobe space lol.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Not sure if Gnobrin is still at DBG/DPG but they made an amazing armor set a couple xpacs back that I still wear to this today. And I agree. Some of the races are in desperate need of some new cosmetics. I want hair that doesn't look like playdough that was left out in Najena's Hollow Tower. :D

Maybe expand on the hair physics and allow for more "flow".
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since we got the ability to have appearance armor, I have been shopping for cool outfits for my toons. Heck, I do it for other people's toons, too, sometimes. Oh, and dressing guild hall NPCs and house actors!

I'll have a concept, and I want the gear to all match that concept. Or I get a really cool piece of gear, and I want to match THAT.
  4. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Having just returned to Norrath, did any clothing or armor based on Firiona Vie' (as in what she wore on the Darkened Sea box cover, lol) get made after Chains Of Eternity and Tears of Veeshan?
    Forestchild and Sturmlocke like this.
  5. Krednok Member

Completely agree on the hair, thing. Even if it's not ultra impressive physics. I'd like to see more mundane dews. Like, right now I use the Human Male - "not Alt" model. And I'm thinking "the baron" hair cut well past his shoulders with a normal goatee or van-dike(long goatee with mustache). At the moment the clothes and armor look awesome, but the hair is like (and I mean this in the nicest way possible).... Hmmm what's fantasy man-hair look like? idk, rando-chop, wooka wooka splat, there ya go, fantasy hair, lol. Now let's color it! :eek:
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  6. Dgkelly38 Active Member

And how is it that there's still no open sleeves on any chest slot cloth armor like EQ Classic has?
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The devs have touched on this in the past. Hair styles are themselves a figurative "helmet" slot that is shown on your character when no helmet is actually being worn. It would take them months on end just to design one hairstyle for one gender of one race. This means it would take years for the current art team to design something new for everyone. What the Vah Shir have themselves was a massive undertaking before the release of Reign of Shadows. It ultimately comes down to "yes, the desire it there, but the work effort really should go to future content art assets instead."
  8. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Did any clothing or armor based on Firiona Vie' (as in what she wore on the Darkened Sea box cover, lol) get made after Chains Of Eternity and Tears of Veeshan?
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Nope. Her style is her own.
  10. Dgkelly38 Active Member

11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

13. Dgkelly38 Active Member

I know; the "i also wonder" in the latter half was the branching off point
  14. Dgkelly38 Active Member

In which case... given how the guards of Qeynos and Freeport upgraded their armor years ago, should the fun-spell merchants of those cities, like those in the Freeport Militia hall, be tweaked so they wear the same armor that Players wear at lvl 1?
  15. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Aggy likes this.
  16. Dgkelly38 Active Member

The current Player armor is fine in as far as I'm aware; I'll be fine just with ear canals and nostrils.
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  17. Dgkelly38 Active Member

An alternate matter is if Armor. like the Peerless Sentry set from Fort Irontoe, should be tweaked so it looks more like the armor the NPCs at the fort are wearing.
  18. Dgkelly38 Active Member

At Erronson's Furs and Leathers, The Coldain Defenders Shoulder slot item has a noticeable gap between that actual shoulderpad and the sleeve parts (for both right and left arm), and the entire Coldain's Linked set has it's colors mixed up (the vest is black, the leggings are grey with blue highlights, and the forearms are neither).
  19. scynter Member

I confess, I am obsessed with EQ2 Fashion, to the tune of toying around with a website dedicated to it, (eq2wardrobe.com, but I shut it down once EQ2furniture started adding clothes) It's amazing how detailed some of the equipment is. Not just the appearance only items, even all the "wearables". I change my look about once a week, tbh. Every holiday, for sure. I also match everything (if not by color, than by the random match criteria i set) and I LOVE IT! Match mount appearance, familiar appearance, and pet if available... Yes, i have issues, and i regret nothing.
    Forestchild likes this.
  20. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Yes; I am totally with you on this.. My Fae zerker, has personally opened over 150 slots of appearance gear and I go through it, and refresh as much as i can, (hehe- found duplicated- opps). She is a fashion nut. Her adopted from another mother sister, Vamipire Templar, named Butterfinger is also obsessed with the plate armor sets, of ALL colors.