Farming dungeon shinies

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Factionz, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Is this still a viable means of plat farming as a brawler?
    Recently hit 90 on my first char and trying find a way to afford all my masters. I don't craft and searching around all I find about making plat is old threads from people bragging about making 5p in a week or coercers and necros farming nameds for masters.
    If so what dungeons would you recommend or generally any other tips for making plat would be very helpful.
  2. ARCHIVED-Manii Names Guest

My own focus is 100% devoted to Velious, but when I farmed shinies from the SF zones they used to sell pretty well.
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Factionz wrote:
    Get your transmuting up and sell transmutes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    My transmuting is zero so.. unless there's a way of raising it without spending cash and without going insane farming lowbie dungeons then it seems counter-productive.
  5. ARCHIVED-Exordus Guest

i actually made some decent plat and some discos off of shinies in kael. hard to find and some damn hard hitting mobs, but worth it when selling them at twenty to thirty plat each.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

5p in a week?
    That isn't even enough to cover mending costs for a marginally active toon.
    Obelisk of Ahkzul - 7-14 plat every 18 hours, and a couple of masters a week.
    Don't know how long it will take on your monk, I can clear it in under 10 if I hustle.
  7. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Why not just harvest T9 rares? I can make 50+ plat in one night...
  8. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

GussJr wrote:
    Probably because most people don't like harvesting.
    Also how long are you harvesting to make 50p guaranteed? Time/plat ratio is more important than just straight plat value. I'll take 10 in 10 minutes over 50 in 2 hours every time.
  9. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Factionz wrote:
    Well, with my Cloak, etc...usually only takes about an hour, 2 max, depending on if I'm on a roll...usually while my son is napping. I can get about 3-5 t9 rares on a given harvesting spree... I don't mind it though because it's mindless money making. Couple of times a week and I'm set for a while...
  10. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

GussJr wrote:
    I can go into OoA be done with it and call back to guild hall with an average of over 10 plat from the chest alone, get items to transmute and a master or two here and there before you can harvest your first rare in most cases. Yeah you might get a rare on your first harvest or so, maybe even a double rare every 2 or 3 runs... maybe, mine is going to happen, period.
    I have barely even done it since Velious came out, it was broke in beta, I reported it, it was ignored and left broke for a few weeks or so after release. I've got more plat than I need anyway I only do it now to fill in a few minutes before raid or before I log.
  11. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    /shrug OK
  12. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Thanks for the tip Lempo.
    Gave it a run earlier took about 30 min, most of which was standing around waiting for health to regen..
    Not so efficient cause i'm still a newbie but 30 min for guaranteed plat and chance of masters is good enough for me.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

yw.
    you'll shave time off as you get used to it.
    take totems for health and power, and you might also want to find some items that proc health/power regen.
    You don't have to clear the second room, jus trun through it and the tunnel and FD in end if that tunnel before doing Kierax.
  14. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Yeah I FDed around the second room killing the void guys to get the named to pop just on the off-chance of getting a master but it was more trouble than it was worth. Will probably just skip him from now on.
    Didn't even know about totems i'll check that out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

I'm a Ranger, not a monk but I do run OOA lots. Definitely skip the void named - not worth the effort at all. In fact, I skip the entire room and the following hallway and FD (tinkered) right before the entrance to the floating guy. It is worthwhile to kill the last named for transmutables (doesn't take long).
    The only other reason to spend more time there is if you want the shinies. There are 2 or 3 collections in the dungeon plus items for the rare collection which lets you see blue shinies there.
    Harvesting shinies in SF is reasonably lucrative but I believe that every instance requires that you kill a named before the shinies pop. You can do the shinies in the Hole but they aren't selling that well. One of the best instances is RH. You will probably need a healer buddy, but if you kill the first named, you can get 5 shinies with judicious use of FD. Those shinies are selling pretty well.
  16. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Yeah I still can't see blue shinies since the collection to get the goggles is ridiculously overpriced.
    I guess I could try to farm them but idk how that works exactly and really if i'm going to farm the set i'd probably just sell it.. seeing as how altogether it can easily go for 200p.
    Been doing OOA now and it's ridiculously easy and quick but with a three day lockout it's not a whole lot of cash.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kiyaris1 Guest

Factionz wrote:
    *looks around* You uh, do realize you can reset it after 18 hours right?
  18. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Uris@Lucan DLere wrote:
    How would I know that? And how would I do it?
  19. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

press Alt and Z when in game, on the persistant instances tab select the instance you wish to reset, and then click "reset instances" button.
  20. ARCHIVED-Factionz Guest

Wow I had no idea, everytime I cleared it it showed 3 day cooldown so didn't know you could just.. reset.