Far Seas Pack Pegasus:(

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Azola, May 7, 2018.

1. Azola Member

That frown in the title is in lieu of typing out "the straw that broke the camel's back". I have played this game for enough years to have earned all of the veteran bonuses on one account and on a second account for only a few years less.
    Over that span of years, I have been uncomplaining when one by one, some of my favorite things about the game have just simply gone away. I sucked it up and stayed here but I may have just hit that wall that will make me find some other place to spend my money and my online time.
    Less than six (6) months ago, I bought a Far Seas Pack Pegasus...in fact two of them...and they were heirloom. This morning, I went to buy another for another toon headed to The Planes, only to discover that somehow, they are now no-trade! Wtf!! Not only are the ones for sale in Mara now no-trade but so are the two I already have on toons that were sold to me as heirloom.
    Someone needs to rectify this and right now, please!! The Wiki still lists these as heirloom. Wishing atm that there was a really good way to yell in here:(
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The Far Seas Tokens are still Heirloom. Drag them into your inventory, pop them in your shared bank, then at least your alts will be able to buy them.

But yes, it is annoying.
  3. Celan Active Member

Point is you can't buy the items/pony without the appropriate faction, so the alts are required now to have their own faction raised instead of being able to profit from the main.
  4. Azola Member

Well, Celan, that's not something I am willing to spend my time doing....grinding out Far Seas TS quests to get 50 Faction on the additional 11 tradeskillers I have slaved over to just get them to level 100 and 9 of those to Epic. That all is, however, beside the point I was trying to make yesterday....that it is in no way fair to make the two pack pegasus item I have already purchased to be something different than what I actually bought The very least the PTB could have done is let me know they were going to do that.

On the flip side, I actually harvested a rare in Pop earlier today without having over 600 in any harvesting skill so maybe I can manage without all that ugly grinding away for Far Seas Faction after all.
    Lateana likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I agree it is annoying that they've retroactively made a bought mount no trade.

It also flies in the face of years of "standard practice" as far as crafting stuff goes. Grinding up faction on one character has for years resulted in you being able to purchase recipes and items for all the characters on that account.

It is possible it was actually a mistake. Someone thought it was a quest reward and changed the tag. Though they also changed all the lower level ones on that FS merchant as well.

Worth mentioning you can get a (slightly) superior harvesting mount by completing the KA crafting timeline.
    Lateana, Argosunited and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Someone should bring this to the attention of someone who would understand. A change like this does nothing to enhance the game and much to make it annoying. As mentioned above, hopefully it was not intentional. If it was intentional, please rethink the reasoning behind it.
    Lateana and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Point taken. I have to admit I didn't think of that.
    I wonder if it's a mistake or a change made for TLE for some reason.

A number of tradeskill items have been changed. That belt that was so fabulous when introduced, the Tinkerers Belt, no longer even has tinkering stats .... (not sure if it's been fixed or still the same)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Inexplicable changes that aren't even mentioned are super frustrating :(
    Rhodris, Argosunited and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Azola Member

My source for information regarding changes and everything else related to tradeskilling in EQ2 has been "EQ2 Traders Corner" for years now. Searched Niami's posts there this morning and found no mention of the changes I am now encountering in all the stuff that used to be heirloom and is now no-trade. Searching back through the guild events window, I am pretty certain that the changes I...and now others...are noticing relative to tradeskilling (see this morning's new topic), seem to have come with the PoP expansion. This is making me wonder if it was an error the developers created for that launch or if TPB simply don't give a hoot what we tradeskillers think or feel. I would really like to believe the former but since my report of this issue to the GM who promised to forward it to the developers seems to have just been ignored, I am skeptical.
    Lateana and Alenna like this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Please make sure to put in a /bug with the item name(s) and the details. Sometimes they make changes to a spreadsheet and change more items than they planned on. Or someone changes a group of things, not knowing the special history behind those things, etc. /bug is about the only way to be sure that it actually gets into the to-do pile of the devs to be looked at. They MAY decide they want to keep it that way for reasons they haven't explained to us, or they MAY decide it was a mistake that can be fixed when time permits. Their to-do piles are huge, however.

(And no matter how much a GM says they'll forward an issue on, the more times the issue needs to be forwarded, the more the issue becomes garbled, so it is best to /bug it directly when you see it.)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Azola Member

The GM who dealt with my original complaint (petition), said the same thing and I did do that. At least I think I did. My daughter reminds me sometimes that I am sometimes forgetful but at 79 years young, that hard drive that is my brain is pretty full. Since I was not sure about the bug report, I did that again and now will just wait, albeit probably not patiently, for action/answers. Thanks Niami for all that you do for we tradeskill obsessed toons.
    Niami DenMother and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Azola Member

Having started playing EQ2 shortly after it began, my crafters all got leveled one expansion at a time, mostly grinding out timed writs for 10 levels with each expansion until the first Kunark which brought the epic for TS. My main has been trying to finish the dungeon related part of the Kunark Ascending tradeskill questline for months now but I can't seem to get her past the first part of that. Throwing and running at almost the same time are skills that seem tough for these older eyes and hands.

Unfortnately, the Wiki, while very useful, is not always up to date.
    Lateana likes this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't use Wiki for crafter stuff. Niami keeps on top of the crafting side of things very well.

Last part of the KA crafter quests.
    As a helpful hint, you can drag that incense burner to your hotbar, so you can just hit 1 or whatever when you need it. It also has unlimited charges so, gas everything. Do make sure you have the mummy illusion on though, because the gas doesn't work on the mummies and if you see gooblins, turn around you've gone the wrong way.
    Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would send a private forum message to Kaitheel, he gets us, he gets what we want, and typically he will look into issues like this if they are brought to his attention politely.