Fanning the Flames spell, fabled labs of lord vyemm

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sadique, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Sadique Member

this new spell all the bosses have is broken, sometimes its fine but other times it acts like there wasn't enough people in range and wipes the raid. We had 3 full groups in there and all stacked on top of each other during the second, and third boss, everything goes fine then all of a sudden we wipe and it says that the flames were only spread across 3 people, another time only 5 people, and another only 6 people. our positions and setup were the same each time so this new spell you decided to add to make it harder wasnt tested very well and is not registering player proximity or count like it should. i could see if it said only 3 were in range because it for some reason only hit on the tanks, but i dont see how a number like 5 or 6 happens.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum, maybe its to early here, but i cant hardly remember, that there is something that hits strong on boss 2 and 3.
    You have to move or and have to use death prevents and have to keep some range, at certain points of the scripts.
    But i will see, guess we do lab this evening with 2-3 groups.
  3. Sadique Member

we've cleared them no prob plenty of times, but after todays patch we are now running in to this problem. We got past the second boss with it only happening once, but the third boss it kept happening. im pretty sure it is a new spell because last week we 1 grouped the second boss without any problem, but today it said something about only spreading the flames across 6 people and that it wasnt enough, even though there was 18
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I believe this is a new AE. If your too close to people with the Elemental it spreads, if it over-spreads your supposed to take huge damage. I do not believe it's working properly yet.

- I think.
  5. Sadique Member

The heat from Fanning the Flames was only spread over 3 targets, the heat from the flames is more than you can handle!

is the red message, the way its worded makes it sound like it is suppose to spread to everybody to balance it out.

and then this happened

The Slavering Alzid's Fanning the Flames hits for 61694040 focus damage.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah that sounds of a failure to even it out. Try having one of your raiders examine it. We cleared Labs tonight so I can't examine the buff.
  7. Plinc Active Member

happened to us on the Vyemm fight last night but is totaly random, next try nothing happened at all
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You have to spread the flames to make sure each person with it takes less damage. The whole point of it was to stop people one grouping the zone.

"The heat from Fanning the Flames was only spread over 3 targets, the heat from the flames is more than you can handle!"

Problem is it doesn't seem to be all that keen to spread in its current state, not without trying to do the hokey kokey.
    Estred likes this.
  9. Gninja Developer

I will check it out today. You are correct that it hits for much less the more people it hits. The spell should be unblockable but if players are somehow able to avoid being hit by it they will not get counted in the spread.
  10. Sadique Member

i think that it was being resisted, had a few people saying they saw resists popping up.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

(1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Karnoz with Fanning the Flames, but Karnoz resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Qtpi with Fanning the Flames, but Qtpi resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Healcat with Fanning the Flames, but Healcat resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Primevil with Fanning the Flames, but Primevil resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Snoggler with Fanning the Flames, but Snoggler resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Hypnoxx with Fanning the Flames, but Hypnoxx resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Moonshifter with Fanning the Flames, but Moonshifter resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] Alzid Prime tries to burn Rickross with Fanning the Flames, but Rickross resists.
    (1391713886)[Thu Feb 06 19:11:26 2014] \#FF0000The heat from Fanning the Flames was only spread over 5 targets, the heat from the flames is more than you can handle!

Not sure if thats the exact issue, but either way Fanning Flames is being resisted in some forms. If its a fail condition, its not failing at that stage too!
  12. Tubba New Member

The zone does not drop anything that great. What was the point of making it harder? Anyone that runs the zone is probably a casual player in a casual raid guild. Since those guilds often times cant fill raids they will just have to skip it now. Gratz on more waste of time raid content that nobody will care about. We only ran it to put gear on alts, but it wont be worth it if its a huge hassle and giant pain in the ****. Also as far as i was concerned pre patch Scream of Chaos hit really hard and often times would kill HM geared toons in 1 shot. So many people dont want to do the zone anyway. Risk not worth the reward if that makes any sense to the devs?
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

You only need 13 people to reduce the effect of Fanning the Flames to negligible levels. If your Raid Force can't field 13 people, there is a bigger issue. Not much else was changed about the zone at all.

Scream of Chaos, heck it one-shots those in Mystical 0/1 Gear. So far we can't figure out how to avoid it.
  14. Gabriel New Member

you need 7 ppl to get hit with fanning the flame or you cant do the zone...
    problem is resist..
    also there is a dps check at 3mins for those that didnt know that
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Really our messages were reading 13 to me, unless it was just counting all in our raid that were not resisting it. I think there are plans to make this less resistible so it is fanned out more effectively.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

It's not supposed to be resisted at all, by my interpretation of what Gninja said. Relying on luck of whether or not enough people DO NOT resist this spell isn't very good gameplay.
  17. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Its killing our 24 person raid force over and over again on Alzid and Vyemm. We continually get the message about it only hitting 6 people and it kills us all.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

That may be Scream of Chaos (Vyemm's AE) which is known to 1-shot. Are you positive it's Fanning the Flames that is doing it?
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The reason to change was that few raiders came on forums complaining that heroic gear now is beter than raid gear. They were saying. Get potent gear. Gem it and run labs with one group (basically) to get it overcharged. How unfair. Blah blah blah.

I guess soe listened to few who got offended with no real reason and decided to implement something that prevents running labs in one group or even two.
    That's what I see happened.

You are right. It was a path for casuals to gear up. Now it's closed thanks to few. Vocal minority won.
  20. Gaealiege Active Member

Unfortunately, that vocal minority was right though. This zone had absolutely no sense (and I'd argue still doesn't) of risk versus reward. If one group can kill named in here and obtain some of the best jewelry in game (better than ToV even) then something isn't functioning properly. Casuals have all the same chances to get amazing gear that everyone else does. They simply don't run the content that gives it. There's nothing barring them from gear but themselves.