Family and friend pack

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Billiemo, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Billiemo Member

My sister and I want to purchase the family and friend pack but we have a friend we play with on the game who wants to get in on the deal also. I am wondering if the price can be split between us or if one person has to pay upfront because she lives in a different state.
  2. Kilar Active Member

Why not just buy the Premium for £108.49 and get your friend to buy the Collector's for £69.74?
    This way you would pay £178.23 as opposed to the £204.71 for the Family & Friends Edition, saving yourselves £26.48
    Mermut likes this.
  3. Tajar Well-Known Member

Easiest way would be to have one of you transfer money to the other and that person buy it, if you want to split the bill.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Trynbuy Member

If you buy Family and friend park does that mean that my two brothers and my three sisters can have their own account and we all can play at the same time
  5. Choot Member

6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Just one extra (standard edition) copy a few tradable items... and an extra celestial scroll.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. EQ_Jack Active Member

had similar questions. as far as I can tell its 1 main account and a bunch of trade-able stuff.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is a premium edition with a bunch of extra collectors edition items and then a tradeable standard edition and a bunch of tradeable items. So in effect only 2 people would be getting expansions with this.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  9. Breta Well-Known Member

Basically its a terrible deal considering what they asking for it.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Nope. F&F version only gives you two accounts, and is more expensive than just buying a PE and a CE, which appears to have all the same content.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Kilar Active Member

I really think that Daybreak have messed up on the pricing here. When you can buy 1 PE + 1 CE a lot cheaper than the Family & Friends Edition. Also I think the Family & Friends Edition should really be called the 'Family & Friend (Singular)' Edition as it looks like you can only trade to 1 other person.
    Ikoax and Siren like this.
  12. Bardonio Active Member

F&F edition purchased. its just one lump sum payment. pay it then ask friend for some $$ or vice versa if said friend is sketch. but regardless, Luclin is EXCITING
  13. Petrofrog New Member

I left EQ2 around Sentinels Fate era but thought I might check it out to see if it would be good to come back. I fired up the launchpad and up comes this screen: "Returning to EQ2? Take a moment to see what's changed. Click Here". It could not be more perfect for me! Then it scrolled over and even better, there was a clicky for details on a new expansion! So I clicked both to open the web pages.

The page for returning players opened...it was dated May 2018. A two year old page for returning players to enjoy....my enthusiasm faltered. Right out the gate Daybreak are telling me that they don't give a crapola about returning players.

So onto the expansion page, and it had an interesting new category: Family and Friends. This caught my eye because I had two accounts in my family (one for my wife and one for me) plus my brother used to play too but he left as well. Maybe I could hook three players back in with this (heftily priced) bundle.

I searched the page for what exactly "Family and Friends means. There is a list of inclusions set out in a table, and the (hefty) price of USD$250, but how many people get to play? What is the mechanism to give them access? Presumably a key of some kind? Nothing there. How can you offer a multiple user expansion for a huge price without explaining it clearly? Maybe it did explain after you click the buy button, who knows? Not me, because I won't click "Buy" when I don't know what I am buying.

Then I searched the web, found several articles and Wiki type pages, none of which explained to me: what do I get for my USD$250.00? How many expansion licences? How does it work?

Then I ended up here, loyal EQ2 players are speculating and debating about what it contains. It seems that the consensus here is just two copies. Yourself and one other person. But nobody here is from Daybreak Games, and nobody's comment indicates they have bought the Family and Friend's pack and can definitively confirm what it covers.

You need at least two people to be a family. And Friends has an "S" which means more than one. The name of the product indicates that the package should contain at least 4 licences. By definition, family = at least 2, and friends = at least two.

If you ordered "sausages and eggs" from a diner, this name means at least 2 sausages and at least 2 eggs. Otherwise it would be "sausage and egg".

Oh well.
    Ikoax likes this.
  14. dorotea Well-Known Member

I remembered the descriptions as quite clear - a lot more so than the anniversary pack that is sadly limited in use to one character but doesn't actually ever say so. I just reread it and it still seems quite clear. Every item you get is listed and one of the items is a single standard expansion for a friend or family member. Or anyone else.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Ikoax New Member

Like many of you, i am a returning player.....from way back. My relationship with EQ goes back to EQ1, Ruins of Kunark release. Ah the memories of a *for the times* well animated MMO. I was hooked. The friends i made, the dungeons we fought in, wiped in, ran back to, and all of the comradery. FFWD to EQ2 Beta Launch. I GOT A KEY!!!!! Loved it. So much spill over from such a great game....the servers couldn't handle the load.....it was to be expected. The art, the mechanics of the game. You can fail and possibly DIE from tradeskilling!!!! The other guy is no talent skillers....no chance at failure and the nanny holding your hand all the way.

I played for about 3-4 years before i had to step away and welcome my son to this planet for the last 5 years. With what we are going through today in this world, being locked up I figured i would turn my son onto something that had captivated my mind and allowed me to meet so many great people.

I dusted off my account to see how far behind i was, knowing full well many expansions have past. I see Friends and Family. Oh nice! They are selling bundles! Im thinking family....3+ at least? Mom, Dad, and the child. Nope.....I will need to make 3 seperate purchases, or massively overpay for one and retail for the other.....

What are you guys doing over there? Who is in charge of your marketing? You are essentially taking advantage of your customers buy wrapping a dog turd in a bow and trying to push it when most of the world is locked in their homes!? *And/or we returning players have just remembered one of the reasons we walked away. I dont know if i pay another 100.00 a month for 5 accounts when i am getting the shaft upfront as a lie.

Update! So, i decided to pull the trigger and buy the FnF package! Imagine my dismay when at the bottom right of my screen said Waiting on Daybreakgames.... then payment fails to process on daybreak side....WTG guys, you almost had it!
    LOLOLOL

Rhodris likes this.
  16. Ikoax New Member

I tried yet again!!!!!! Sadly to the same result.....I guess its a sign....

The competition nursery is just as old but makes sure they are allowed to take money from anyone whom chooses to give it.....so sad to see a game of this calibre go down the drain.....price gouging from a money hungry conglomerate, *that can't even allow their received payments to be processed, go figure that*

I would rather be in launch chat on patch day.......
    SynnikuL likes this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

Have you tried using IE sometimes it is the only one Daybreak likes for some reason it doesn't like chrome and others.