Familiars

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chris Thompson, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Chris Thompson Active Member

Can someone please point me to a source where I can find out which familiars might drop from the quest Familiars Wild, which have specific quests for them, and which are purchased? Is there such a resource? It looks like EQ2Fandom only goes up to Season 2 (though they're usually really good about updating stuff. Maybe it's just on a page I missed.)
    Thanks
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

"They" at the wiki is "us", as in the players. The problem is, what drops where changes all the time.
    Chris Thompson likes this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

right now all season 7 can drop from familiars wild
    Jrox and Chris Thompson like this.
  4. Chris Thompson Active Member

Please don't take that as a criticism. It's a huge undertaking and all volunteer. I've nothing but respect for you folks, and the effort you put into it. It's obviously impossible to keep up with everything.

5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Whuuu?? :confused:
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

The most steady source of familiar cages is Familiar Wild daily quest.
    It is also possible to get random familiars and familiar cages as a reward from other daily activities, although it is not as reliable as Familiars Wild quest. You can also buy familiar cages from broker (need a lot of platinum) or by using your monthly 500 cash reward.
  7. Mezaka Active Member

Having run Familiars Wild pretty much daily since season 7 came out, I believe that the familiar you get is completely random. For three days in a row i got 'cats,' I went to the Wracklands all three days, and each day got a different treasured familiar.

My husband, on the other hand, ran the quest the very first day, bovids, and was lucky enough to get the fabled purple bird. I'm admittedly jealous.
    Lateana, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

I absolutely cannot understand why you say such things like "It looks like EQ2Fandom only goes up to Season 2".

At the bottom on this site:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Familiars_Wild

there is a list containing all confirmed Season 7 familiars including legendary and fabled ones.
  9. Adept Active Member

On my accounts I feel I have gained an inordinate number of season 7 legendary and fabled familiars through the quest. Good thing I have warehouses (well bank bags) full of familiar xp potions
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Rondo New Member

I would like to know where to get familiar xp potions? It going to take years feeding my familiar, 100 - 1000 exp points from familars wild.
  11. Yenk Active Member

Overseer rewards, 100k, 50k and 25k. And they aren't rare drops.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

Also the Singing Steel Crates (or whatever the newer ones are called). These can be bought from the Marketplace or obtained from the Daily Overseer quest if you are a member.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Chris Thompson Active Member

I guess it's got something to do with what I wrote right after that: "Maybe it's just on a page I missed." Or, in this case, didn't scroll down far enough. Thank you for pointing it out!

Lateana and Dude like this.
  14. Rondo New Member

Actually i think that "fabled purple bird" is a Celestial, very lucky indeed.
    and i think the overseer drop is from the bonus chests because if you examine the regular chests it doesn't list the familiar drop. i actually got a 25k potion yesterday, yay!
  15. Rondo New Member

i checked a bonus box and the drop for for familiars is 25K and 50K at least for me at level 11, i hope it goes up at higher levels. Mounts and Mercs are 10 and 15 days.
  16. Chris Thompson Active Member

Is this still the case? I ask because I've been doing the quest every day with 6 characters, and in the last 2-3 weeks I've gotten exactly the same familiars- 7 of the Treasured, and 3 of the Legendary. I'm not complaining that there are no Fabled or Celestial familiars coming my way (I know those have to be rare drops), but there are 6 Treasured and 4 Legendary that none of the toons have ever gotten. I don't mind if they're not available through the quest- maybe they're rewards from other quests, or you have to buy the crates- but I'd just like to know so I can quit wasting my time on the quest.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah i seem to get the same usual suspects too but i have also gotten 2 different fabled ones so idk
    rng is rng
    Chris Thompson and Breanna like this.
  18. Yenk Active Member

Fabled ones are confirmed in Fandom/Wiki.
    See here (at the bottom): https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Familiars_Wild
    And on Thurgadin I heard a Celestial familiar has been droped from the Familiars Wild Daily. Ok I cannot confirm this and I don't want to spread rumors, but if Celestial ones drop, then it's a very rare or extremely rare drop. :D