Familiars wild upgrade?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Twofeets, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Would it be possible to update Familiars Wild, or add a new/similar quest?

The current quest gives completely out of date familiars, and at 100 exp per pop its useless for leveling the new familiars. The Overseers quests help some, but have been VERY inconsistent (especially considering how many 25k potions it takes to level a celestial familiar). The paid crates havent been much better, with packs of 20 crates often only giving 1-2 familiar potions.

Thanks
    Bhayar likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

afaik the familiars wild never give expansion specific familiars, so when theres a new season of familiars the wild quest will be updated. it will probably happen in summer
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Are you running all 20+ OS missions daily? I realize that RNG is a big part of the results, but since I typically don't get rare items I see proliferating the guild events, I don't know if my results are atypical. I have more familiar potions than I know what to do with. I used to be a bit more frugal with how many alts I let level up a familiar, and I am still ready to level up the next one that comes along. If you haven't been burning through your allotment of S2 daily quests, plus as many charged S1 quests as you can, try that for a week or so to see if it helps. I run mine across a few characters to ensure I have the best agents traits, mercs, and familiars available to boost the results as well.

If you are already doing this, hopefully the RNG will turn your way soon!
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Out of date? It gives the current season familiars. Like others said, it will never give expansion specific ones, devs want people to actually play the expansion (or buy the high priced editions of the expansion) for those. So season seven ones are the best you are going to get from it. It seems to reward the same ones in the gilded crates they currently sell on the marketplace.
  5. Twofeets Active Member

As others have pointed out, the current RNG can be unreliable at best. When it comes to familiar potions, it seems some get lucky, some never do. I have 2 'mains' I play. With the new celestial familiars taking over 1kk to level to 10, and the only way to currently do so is with overseer quests and the RNG system, that means is it VERY difficult for those who are unlucky.

I saved several familiar potions from the last expac, I had the 2 'free level' ones from this one, and just now got one of my mains familiars to 10. I am now out of potions, I may get 1-2 familiar potions per week, averaging 25-50k a piece. At this rate it will take over 30 weeks to level my familiar on my other toon. All Im asking for is a way to do this in game, not a handout, simply a quest or some other method which allows this. Repeatedly buying crates is not an option for most of us.
  6. Grandavi Active Member

The weird thing about levelling is (and don't quote me on this because I am using a very faulty memory) I get the familiar upgrade bonuses as rewards from doing the daily harvest/craft in BOL and ROS. I have maxed the 3 familiars I was using. Takes me about an hour to do all these quests each day... (also get merc training boosts and lately mount slot openers... )
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've never gotten a familiar upgrade bonus potion from daily TSing on any toon. I occasionally get old familiars I already have. I do see occasional (and I do mean occasional) familiar training pots from OSer quests. Doing daily familiar quests is a waste of valuable time when you're talking a celestial familiar with millions of xp and the current max reward is either a 100 or a 1K familiar to use. It's a real PITA to level more than one in a year, much less if you actually have several you might want to try.
    Twofeets likes this.