Familiars Wild (new quest)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Take off weapons (to avoid weapon procs) and pull with a non-damaging ability... or a lvl 1-9 version of a low damage art..
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

lol don't do as i forgot on a few toons... disable your pet/merc from attacking... and depending on which familiar you have up, that too.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I found on some of my characters, I still had a macro set up for a "naked" gear set (ie no armor that breaks equipped) from back when the Holy Grail bunny attack was happening and these characters just weren't high enough then to stand a chance.

In any case, I found that MIGHTY handy for the familiar quest, particularly on my berserker and other fighters that don't really have any no-damage debuffs or anything without unspending aa.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Should I make some level 10 hex dolls on Test and throw them on the broker? ;D
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Note to self, try using Brasse's Battle Bread for the purpose...
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Sapling Fawns and Sapling Stags in Greater Faydark have the quest icon on them as if they will update the quest but when I use anything that is considered an attack which you have to do to get it to work I get the message "Not an Enemy" you need to either make them attackable or take the guest icon off of them.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Mophia Active Member

Right, I don't know if this is what was intended, but I picked the quest up on a number of my chars, looking to do it as I levelled them. However the quest disappeared, in some cases overnight, without completion, and when I go back to the steward, the bug kicks in.

Will report back if and when I manage to pick the quest up again on the chars which it disappeared on.

This was on my AB chars.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

another beast that says not an enemy even though they have the bag icon as if you can aggro them the goats in frostfang sea the ones in the pen with the pig.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

I am going to piggy back on this thread as its sort of related question,

I got a familiar from the last boss in Torden Tower Breach and I got 1 as reward for Shard of Hate PQ. They are both treasured. I examined one of them and it gave me the option to consume it and get 100xp. I examined the other and no option to consume it. Can anyone explain why does this happen please?

I have few other familiars in my bag and when i examine those I don't get the option to consume them as well. I have feeling all of these are coming from heroics bosses in PoP.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

That I'm aware of , only the season 3 familiars can be consumed for xp.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

I noticed your write-up on EQ2Traders yesterday on Familiars Wild for the first time. Thank you Niami :cool:.

I've returned after 3 years away so I am just now catching up on things. I passed it along to some returning Vets. We had a blast last night with it. Looks like I won't need to spend my monthly DBC on the crates no more.

Whoever made the decision to add this to game, /hats-off

and a very big Thank you!