Familiars Wild (new quest)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 22, 2018.

1. semisus Does not play this game

also cats in plane of magic works , i like these cause they are agro so easy to do.
    Finora likes this.
  2. Hdizzleh Member

Insects - Wasps in Commonlands work
  3. Crastinal Active Member

IKR? It's not like you can chronodown or anything. And as anybody knows, EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in game is level 110, so... get a clue, devs! /s
    Jinxxiee likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

In case anyone is wondering, the dire ravagers in Loping Plains are not wolves for the purposes of this quest. I didn't think they would be but figured I'd check.

They do have the bag, so if they are following the beastlord warder rules, they should work for dire creatures.

https://eq2wire.com/beastlord-warders/
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The one time I was able to get it, I got insects. I went right outside of the Qeynos North Gate into the field to the kliknit mites and used hate decrease buffs to grab agro without hitting them and at level 110 was able to use all kliknit mites.

A friend is an 110 bruiser, we made a tinkering object that worked like a mez and he was able to use any level mob as well.

Hubby is a 110 Warden, he got bats, he went to Vhalen's Tower in Antonica and rooted the bats there and got them all. Hubby also found that he was able to root one of a group and as long as he trapped the rest of the group before the one he rooted he could trap every member of the group.

Cyrrena
    Blazen and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Aquatic will work once the patch hits, and we assume amphibian will, too.

However, the "daily" part of it is still bugged, or mostly bugged, for those who completed the quest several days ago. Folks who are just doing it after the patch for the first time "should" be ok. Everyone who did it before "may" be able to get it again at 11 minutes after the daily objectives reset on Tuesday night, but don't hold your breath. Of my horde, only one of the ones who completed it days ago was able to get the quest again tonight after reset. The rest are still being told to come back tomorrow.

So ... consider it broken still.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Was anyone able to test this part of the patch? I wasn't able to get the familiar quest again yet on any of my already made characters and didn't think of making a throw away herioc.
    • Familiars Wild - The quest bauble will no longer be able to trigger on heroic or raid encounters.
    Because if you can't use it on any herioc encounters, it's going to make it even more annoying for some levels. Shard of Fear was quite good for doing simian some who were sub-100 for example.
  8. Fistpower Well-Known Member

How this cant be fixed after a week is beyond my brain capacity
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

After testing that all but one of mine weren't able to get the quest again. I sort of gave up. Gemo gamely went through the obtain-and-delete game with characters on 2 accounts to check on amphibian and aquatic, while I was testing some non-familiar stuff last night. I didn't even think to test the heroic/raid as we were too busy trying to find all the stuff that was not in the patch notes. :/

As an aside, simian for the low levels is easy for every server but FG (needs the Kunark expansion). There are low-level gorilllas in Timorous Deep that work nicely for it.

I suspect the heroic/raid bit was because someone was using the crate to depop mobs and bypass content. :(
  10. Poktal New Member

Nice write up to bad the quest is still fixed its not a daily you get it do it once that's it. Wasn't fixed today on 2/27/2018.

Daybreak quality at its finest! Good job guys I imagine they were going to lose money and leave the quest as is.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

that answers my question not going to do it on any of my toons till they get that fixed.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

There was a broadcast on Halls of Fate saying that hailing the stewards would now reset the quest if you are bugged. Hailing them again you'll get the 10 minute timer answer and you'll have to wait the 10 minute cooldown but should be able to actually pick up the quest again.
    Fistpower and elflover like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Vulcanu slayers and vulcanu gapers in Lavastorm do not work for drakes

carrion recluses in Fens of Nathsar do not work for insects.
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

She mentioned that the dragon drakes wont work for drakes...the butterfly/fairy drakes work like what you would find in lesser/greater faydark
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The avian familiar quest calls for... birds. Just in case this confuses anyone like it did me...
  16. Cuora Member

I was able to get the quest on Halls of Fate after waiting the 10 minutes on Cuora. After she finished hers I brought Gryymm in and got the quest fine ( this was the first time for her and she is in Freeport). I got dire, so I was headed to Eastern Wastes since there are dire bears there. I was practicing on the cats there ( snowmane sabertooth)and low and behold, they got grabbed by the familiar cage:) . Since they are in groups of 2-4, I was able to complete this easily. Sootpaw dire bears also worked. Gryymm is slightly over 100 and I had a heck of a time finding a spell or pet that did not kill the mobs, even when they were 91. Absorb magic worked well, but still killed more than I would have liked.
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I got Aquatic, headed to Timorous and caught myself some crabs .. so to speak. (the crocodiles in Timorous did not update the quest, not sure if they should or not)
    I received a Legendary familiar that is quite awesome, he looks like a diseased frog. I can't remember his name now, but I like him!
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A few tips for those that are having a hard time not killing what they're trying to capture:

• Remove any damage shield
    • Remove any buff or item that has a proc that fires off when you are hit
    • Remove your ranged weapon
    • Use a no-damage root, snare, or debuff. If all else fails, get something like a level 10 hex doll that can do a no-damage pull.
    • Turn your back on the mob as you cast to pull them, if you're prone to riposte
    • If you find the mob type that you're given is too frustrating, delete the quest, wait 10 minutes, and hope for something that you can find in more sturdy versions.
    Blazen and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Azrael's Tear Active Member

What has worked great for me is to mentor down to a level below that of the zone I am going to be creature hunting in and then just body pull (social aggro). You do not even need to engage the creature, so do not attack it at all, then all you need to do is click the empty familiar cage to collect it. No fuss no muss...
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That's great for the ones that are aggro, but a lot of birds and bats, for example, aren't aggro to begin with. I'd also rather not spend coin and status so often, since this is going to be a daily thing. :D
    Rosyposy likes this.