Familiar Wild Quest - Catalog Creature

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ichoris, May 13, 2022.

1. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Doing Familiar Wild is a pain. It's very easy to kill the monster. Why they didn't just allow the use of the cage trigger the capture without having it aggro is beyond me. Seems like a good solution.

Then I found that if you I Catalog Creature it will aggro the monster making it easy to capture without killing it. This works fine on one of my characters. It doesn't seem to work on any others. It just says what creature I'm targeting. Does anyone know why this might be? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

I also wonder if the drop tables are messed up. I keep getting the same Familiar over and over again. Does the creature I capture change which familiar I might get or is it all just random?
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

At a rough guess I'd say it's not Catalogue Creature that is agroing things but something else on you or your gear that is proccing when you cast it. I've been using Catalogue Creature since launch on many characters and the only time doing so has agroed my target is when I get too close.
    Hartsmith and Twyla like this.
  3. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah. Good point. This would explain what is happening.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I feel kinda stupid for asking since I've been playing since 2011, and even started to do CC on a couple characters before getting distracted with other things, but...
    My search didn't really explain the purpose of it other than creating the house item. Are there combat benefits for completing CC? Do the books actually tell you that the creature is Enchanted versus Mystical or ordinary versus dire variants?