Familiar Leveling Curves

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ntai, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ntai New Member

Here are the (cumulative) XP requirements for leveling both a Fabled Season 3 familiar and the Ethereal PoP familiar:

Fabled S3:
    Level 2: 4k
    Level 3: 12k
    Level 4: 28k
    Level 5: 52k
    Level 6: 84k
    Level 7: 124k
    Level 8: 172k
    Level 9: 228k
    Level 10: 296k

Ethereal PoP:
    Level 2: 20k
    Level 3: 60k
    Level 4: 140k
    Level 5: 260k
    Level 6: 420k
    Level 7: 620k
    Level 8: 860k
    Level 9: 1.14m
    Level 10: 1.48m

Legendary S3 (just for comparison, we didn't test this one all the way, because lazy):
    Level 2: 800
    Level 3: 2.4k
    Level 4: Laziness ensued.

The S3 familiars give the following XP when consumed:
    Treasured: 100 XP
    Legendary: 1000 XP
    Fabled: 12.5k XP
    Ethereal: ??

Another interesting result is that the familiar leveling potions (with the exception of the Summer Event one) all work *at any point* in the leveling process. This is more-than-mildly concerning, as I'm sure most people have used theirs already. So folks that saved them (or weren't around to use them) will be able to use them later in the process where the XP jump is decidedly more significant.

Big thanks to Kinza for testing the fabled S3 familiar!
  2. Dannni Active Member

Nice. If I recall correctly some (or possibly all) of the familiar tonics have a limit on them where they can only level up the familiar to level 5 maximum.
  3. Dannni Active Member

Im going to paint the ugly truth on this one. Its a money grab system masquerading as a positive game enhancement. Its a system designed to prey on those that cannot resist the urge to max their characters. As soon as this is released many will instantly level their existing ethereal familiar to level 10 and it is going to cost a pretty penny. By my guestimate approximately £500 although take that with a pinch of salt because I dont have all of the information in front of me to give an accurate calculation.

Do I blame daybreak? Probably not, it certainly makes good business sense.
  4. Kahling Member

So 800 treasured familiars to get my ethereal PoP one from lvl 3 to 4. Think I have had 8 so far this expansion so that's say 2 months so looking at 16 years to level.

800 treasured, 4 a month average = 200 Months = 16.6 years
  5. Ntai New Member

I know for a fact that at least the one that came with the "fancy" edition of PoP could be used to go from 7-8, as I tested that.

Can't speak for some of the others though.
  6. Ashur New Member

I suspect one of the 3rd wave ethereal Familiar's will have 1 fervor and maybe 10 fervor at level 10.....
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

Come now Dannni, Daybreak love us so much and they wouldn't do any thing like that...
    Kheldar likes this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

I absolutely blame Daybreak. There are ways to generate revenue that are more or less bad.

They have chosen the lazy, worst way to do so.

As the business, they are the only ones to blame. The one choice the consumer has is not to purchase.

There are lawsuits and reviews being pressed that question the legality of gambling boxes, and with any luck one or more will win and set precedent to get this crap out of our games going forward.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

we cannot keep people from spending their own money
  10. semisus Does not play this game

The amount of familiars that is required to lvl our currents seems a bit "excessive"
    The idea is nice , although i for one am a bit sad that ive destroyed all those duplicate familiars i had
    Put the lvl down to reasonable like 10 pr lvl.
    Argosunited likes this.
  11. Keedahm Member

If the Ethereal one gives 187.5k XP it shouldn't take that long. At least for raiders or the marketplace.
  12. Dannni Active Member

Not sure where you got raiders from because the only realistic way to level an ethereal familiar to level 10 will be via the marketplace and at extreme cost. Unless of course you don’t mind it taking 10+ Years.

The devs are going to need to significantly increase the familiar crate drop rate and the stupidly low chance of fabled / ethereal familiars to try and justify this system. The whole thing wreaks of desperation for money
    Crastinal, Lucus and Argosunited like this.
  13. Lucus Well-Known Member

if you want this changed feedback about ether the xp needed per level or the abysmal amount of exp treasures ones give. i doubt they'd increase the drop rate of cages since that would bite into their cage sales.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Just to pick this up again…
    Has anybody a solution to get 1 mio to push an ethernal familier from 4->9 except buying familiers for real money?
    This means 80 !! fabled familiers consumed

A quest with familier Level baubles would be a great thing :)
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I watch for people selling gilded S3 familiar cages on the broker, personally. Getting an ethereal one to feed to the familiar you are levelling jumps it a lot at low levels.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

If they adjusted it so the familiar quest gave 10k each day then i would be doing this and i belive a alot more people would as well.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You're making the assumption that DBG wants everybody to have super-powerful familiars. They don't. They make it available, but they're not going to shorten the path to a leveled familiar, because content isn't tuned for everybody having level 10 familiars, ethereal everything, and ancient spells. They are meant to be rare.

(OK, they promised more Ascension spell pages dropping and that isn't really happening, I know, I know).
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

i understand that , yet why should people even bother for new familiars?
    i will not pay to upgrade mine and im not gonna spend the next 100 years trying to get it to lvl 10 either , at this point of the game showing the customers some respect would go a long way.
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I *might* consume a familiar to level mine, if I happen to pick one up out and about, but I'm not going out of my way to do the daily quest, as it's yet one more thing I'd have to add to the ever-growing job list, and quite frankly, with how often they put out new ones, I don't care that much.
  20. SteveB Active Member

Any news about a change in the needed exp for leveling the familiars?