Duplicate Falydia music box quest bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Giavannia, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Giavannia New Member

Hi ive been trying to since 2nd day of new release to complete the Fayldia music box quest. i have done all the other 17 and this one keeps bugging on me. I get the box I kill the 1st mob with the feather in same zone. I then go to the Maj dur to kill cactus and get them to drop a chest containing a scroll. Here it either take overnight sometimes to drop or it wont and I have to delete the quest and begin again, If I do get the scroll I examine it and then the cactus have feathers. I kill 15 of them get reward return to the sandstone delta and the music box says it locked wont complete. So sometimes then the quest says I have not killed the cactus mob which I have so i go back and try and wont work. Sometimes there is 2 keys in my bag one saying you have completed this th other key not. ive tried destroying the keys and restoring at 90 dc each time and no luck. Ive run out of cash and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Customer service petition wont assist me they say not their problem I need a dev, Can't get a dev I don't know how and customer service wont alert one for me. So can A dev fix it for me?? I dont know how and I can't complete the music box collection which means I can't get my update spell and so on

Please please help ive now deleted and redone over 11 times ( ive actually lost count) over 3 days and nights im at a
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Why are you deleting the quest? That is probably what broke it...

Destroy any Falydia key you have, wait for the timer to reset, then go start the quest from scratch and don't delete it because you're frustrated. You are screwing yourself over by deleting it because you feel like it isn't dropping fast enough.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Giavannia New Member

Hi ive tried that to and im not thinking its not dropping. ive done very steps multiple time and at some time the quest bugs on me somewhere . So im sort of out of options here??/
  4. Giavannia New Member

Can A dev please please help me please beg beg
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

You say it's not dropping, but in your initial post you said that you did get it and kill the mobs. Its RNG on the drop you just have to be patient and keep killing the correct mobs. Sometimes you'll get it on the first kill other times it may take 100.

I'm guessing as Taled alluded to having multiple keys it what messed it up initially when you did do the dropped item quest. If you start from scratch without any keys in your bags and just have patience you should get the drop again, like you got it once before.

While a dev may be able to do something to fix having multiple keys bugging it out, that will take time and you would have to wait that out if you want to continue the way you have been. However that's not even a guarantee. So if you want it done delete the quest, destroy the keys, then pick up the quest again and do it normally.
  6. Giavannia New Member

OK maybe im not making sense.
    I get the box
    I go kill the ill 15 sand scourges around ( -193, 85, -535 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Sandstone Delta[/COLOR] at Saltscorch Steppes.
    the it say next step.
    1. Find the Falydia Music Box key clue from cacti abhorrences around ( -47, -0, 134 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Raj'Dur Plateaus[/COLOR] at [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Sunscar Vale[/COLOR] and Desert of Woe.
    2. i go there
    3. some times they drop the chest with scroll fast and I examine it and get a box (subquest) on screen with next step. I then kill 15 cactus with feathers on ie: examine the clue to receive the quest [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]The Falydia Music Box Key[/COLOR].
    4. sometimes they never ever drop the chest and after many hours i give up and delete the quest and start again.
    5. If they do give me the chest and I kill the 15 ie finish the subquest for which I get a reward and the
    6. Finish the subquest and return to the Falydia Music Box in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Sandstone Delta[/COLOR].
    7. I go find the box and then it says box is locked!!! and my journal says I havent done Key clue part
    8. which I have because it said so in my journal and I got eh reward but then it winds the quest back when i try hand in! Im like what the??
    9. sometimes I end up with a completed key in my bag which says you have already collected this item sometimes a key that is not completed sometimes but end result I never ever get to hand it in it wont let me.!!!
    10. Sooo have working on this for 4 days 2 night Im very very over it and would really appreciate someone who can actually help getting in touch. If i could fix it myself I would but I cannot find a a way
  7. Giavannia New Member

And ive now deleted this quest over 14 times I think so yes ive tried that to
  8. Zhevally Well-Known Member

But have you actually gotten alll of the keys out of your bag before deleting it, cause you are still saying that everytime you've had the dropped item quest you had multiple keys in your bag, which sounds like you did not actually delete all your old ones before deleting and restarting the quest.
  9. Giavannia New Member

Hi yed Ive got them all out my bags prior to getting the quest again. Just tried killing cactus again for many hours no chest drop yes so am I to kill a thousand a time?? so that now all day again today 9 hours 1 deletion and get it again and still same result No completion. please understand how frustrated I now am if I come across wrong it becuase im at the end of my line
  10. Giavannia New Member

oh and no not everytime have IO had the keys that is a variant on what seems to be a total damm mess of a quest
  11. Giavannia New Member

So this time no keys and no chest with the scroll for the sub quest. this morning i got the drop chest and the subquest and completed it and got the reward then went to hand in at the music box and could not and the journal reverted to
    1. Find the Falydia Music Box key clue from cacti abhorrences around ( -47, -0, 134 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Raj'Dur Plateaus[/COLOR] at [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Sunscar Vale[/COLOR] and Desert of Woe.
    2. which should be impossible but apparently not
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer