No Fix Planned Falling through the world in Vault of Sszraeshza

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In Vault of Sszraeshza [Solo], about a third of the time when I jump down the well at (-263, -162, 465) I fall through the world, then it dumps me back at the start of the zone.

I'm pretty sure this is a lag artifact, somewhere as I fall it lags and the server forgets where I am.
    Bludd, Benj, Tyger and 3 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is still occurring.
  3. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Yes it most certainly is, happens to me about every other time I run it.
  4. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue. Is it still happening for anybody?
    Chris Thompson and Dude like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Something was done some weeks back so that at the midpoint of the fall there's sort of a hesitation, then you soft-fall the rest of the way, so yes, fixed.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Chris Thompson Active Member

Happened to me some time back- at least a week ago, not more than a month. IIRC it put me in the rubber room and I had to port out. Was only the one time, though, and never since then.

7. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody? We are still not able to reproduce it internally.
  8. Majandra Member

This happened to a group member in the heroic instance on Saturday, as well as to a different group member in the expert zone the Tuesday before.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

We believe this could be a result of lag while falling. Because the severity of this issue is low, we're going to resolve this thread.