Fallen Gate

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Telsiph, Nov 16, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Telsiph Guest

Curious as to some of the lore behind fallen gate. Im a dark elf trying to get back to his walls of Neriak, heh. I know the lore and what happened, about the foreign gate being collapsed and all. However, where does The Fallen Gate come into play in all this? The entrance to Neriak was in Nektolus back in EQLive. However this gate seems to have undead leatherfoots and dark elves. Is this an entrance to Neriak that wasn't in EQLive, that leads to the foreign quarter that was collapsed? Any info would rock ;P
  2. ARCHIVED-Tassadar Guest

so far according to the lore, the halflings started amassing more forces in the nektulos area to try and finish the conflict with the dark elves. after enough forces were mustered the leatherfoot bridage attacked neriak, and there was heavy fighting going on in the foreign quarter. then for some unknown reason yet neriak started falling apart. the original entrance to the city in nektulos collapsed along with most of foreign quarter. the Fallen gate is supposed to be a entrance found into the city from the common lands. if you compare the 2 entrances to the foreign quarter between the 2 games they come in from roughly the same angle so it appears the Fallen Gate was tunneled into the collapsed part of the original entrance.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rookerith Guest

Does anyone know when Neriak fell? Time-line wise. How long ago, from EQ2?

Thanks!
  4. ARCHIVED-Reevanthara Guest

From what I have read it seems to be about three hundred years ago as it took place at the same time as the war in Faydwer. You should tag along with me to Fallen Gate if you get a chance, there is a lot of lore scattered about the place.
  5. ARCHIVED-NocteBlanc Guest

If you hail the guy standing in front of the Fallen Gate zone line he says something about the most important thing in 300 years (my guess is he's referring to the sealing of Neriak).
    I'd guess it was around 300 years ago.