Fallen Gate - Serious concerns

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Liliun, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Chocoholic Active Member

Littlestgnome, I just quoted your post because it expresses feelings that others have also shared. :)

I am a forum lurker who rarely posts - but I read the forums every day and play most every day also - so I thought I would pop my head up and chime in.

I am playing on FG and don't fall within either of those groups. I have no idea how many others are on FG for the same reasons that I am. I have played off and on since 2012, I just keep coming back to EQ2. I think my problem is that I get overwhelmed a bit on live -- it's almost like having a sweet tooth and then being given everything in a candy store all at once LOL. I haven't played end-game, and only have a couple of high level characters through using the boosts given with an expac.

On Fallen Gate, I am really enjoying the "simplicity" of playing there - and the beginning areas feel so relevant as I progress through them. The XP is tough, to be sure, but I have accepted that it is what it is, and it's really not so bad now - I enjoy not outleveling a zone immediately. I have really enjoyed Antonica more than I ever did before, and moving between zones allows me to continue leveling and never run out of quests. I am even soloing - although I know at some point I will need to group up, which is not a problem. But you really "can" solo on FG :), perhaps depending on your class and when you decide to run certain content.

I tried Stormhold - I think the whole "voting" scenario soured it for me in the end. Because the population contained many who wanted to level quickly and experience the "end-game" and raiding and/or their favorite expansion, and also many who wanted to level more than one character in both adventuring and tradeskilling and "smell the roses" so to speak, things became very divisive and negative, both on the forums and in general chat. (At least, that is what I recall experiencing at the time.) So having set times for the expansions to drop is really preferable to me. I would even like to see a bit more time between them, but since there are others who would rather see it speeded up, the devs have to make a decision that is fair to all.

I hope there are more people like me who will stay on FG, that remains to be seen. I will be here as long as I am enjoying it -- as a matter of fact, you may have to pry my mouse from my cold, dead fingers before I leave. :D
  2. Abershawe New Member

I actually like the leveling curve and the challenging play. It's the lack of challenge in other mmo's that has led me back here to EQ2
    Chocoholic likes this.