Fallen Gate - Serious concerns

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Liliun, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Liliun Member

So I'm posting this with the knowledge that the post may be flagged or removed seeing as that is what is happening to people who are posting constructive, non-obnoxious posts on discord, but here it is.

You really messed this up.

Based on experience gain on SH, a twelve week period of time between expansion releases might be a bit hurried, but certainly doable. What has been done to the experience gain though, it is beyond rough. I personally do not have the inclination to sink hundreds of dollars into marketplace potions, and for the majority of those who have done this, they are finding out the the raid content has been altered to the point the most of it is impossible to complete. Those who HAVE already sunk a lot of money into potions are finding out it was for nothing, and they are not happy. Many others who had been looking forward to taking their time and enjoying the journey are suddenly feeling under pressure to speed things up so that they can at least GET to 50 within the twelve weeks.

Personally, I only see a couple of solutions. Either set experience gain to SH lvls or extend the 12 weeks to 16 or even 20 weeks, and make then it so that raid guilds can actually raid.I don't have any intention of raiding, but I can certainly understand the frustrations of those who do. I am also appalled by the treatment these folks have been getting on discord. Pointing out flaws in the way things are going is NOT offenses that merit banning, and is hard-pressed to even be considered an offense.

Just a heads-up DB, fix some things or don't be surprised when there is a mass exodus of paying players.
    Mathafern and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Creedance New Member

I don't understand why this same thread keeps popping up. The server is set up the way it is set up, many have gotten to 50 already and there's still 8 more weeks until DoF anyways. If you do not like the server ruleset then just go play somewhere else. If you really enjoy SH's rules then go ahead and join them and be one of the 10 people online at all times.

They are not going to change the exp rates on FG it's plain and simple. Either learn to accept it or simply move along to another server/game. There's plenty of time to still hit 50 and if you can't do it in the 8 more weeks until DoF then you'll just have to make up time in DoF.
    Lagerale and Dude like this.
  3. Liliun Member

That may be Creedance, but if they don't they are going to lose players. FG experience rate is MUCH different than SH experience rate, and the time frame they put into place is comfortable to SH exxperience rate. Those at 50 already 1) for the most part purchased a lot of potions to get there and 2) now are stuck with little to nothing to do because they have borked the raid content. Creating the raid content to be challenging is not in itself an issue, but even if it had been done right there is a time requirement to get enough people with enough gear, and then time to tackle the content itself. A lot of folks don't want to have to wait 2 or 3 expansions before they can do lower end raid content. Also, the whole 'catching up next expansion' isn't really appealing to many folks, as they would like to be able to comfortably keep up without dumping cash into market potions.

Again, based on Storm Hold experience gain, 12 weeks is fine, but there are enough folks who have issues with the way things are that within a year FG will probably have a similar population as SH.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  4. Mondego Active Member

The point of this server clearly isnt to have everyone at max level, or to make it easy to play catch up mode, or to streamline things to appease the masses. That's why they have the live servers, where they've so utterly trivialized this tier of content that it probably shouldn't even be in the game anymore. It's exactly these kinds of complaints that have ultimately ruined this game in it's live iteration and so many other MMO's. So while it's not exactly surprising to see this same counter intuitive logic bleed into a server that is specifically designed to be the opposite of what you apparently would like it to be, it is pretty annoying.

Over 9,000 easy mode MMO's are certainly enough to keep even the most avid content locust entertained. I think it'd be swell if people could just have one sorta hardish mode MMO server that they can play around without this 'but muh need to be max lvl' nonsense. But I know, probably not much point in pointing that out, doubt it'll make a dent, but there it is.
    ssiard, Satyr, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. Liliun Member

I suppose it should be clarified that I personally am not terribly concerned about the time it takes to lvl, or the raid content. My concern is that what happened on SH is going to happen on FG. These same exact conversations occurred because of the problems that happened with SH, and yes, many people were saying "it isn't meant to be easy", etc, and yet those arguments didn't prevent the massive drop in population. There probably are very few people who don't want this to work out, but we have been here before.

And maybe you should talk to some of the raiders before making comments about people "crying" about things being difficult....Even after "nerfing" Darathar back down, he is still nearly impossible, if not impossible, to kill on FG. If you can't understand how folks don't want to wait until lvl 60 or 70 to be able to do what is technically lvl 50 content, well I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the experience gain on SH, and the only reason they messed with it was to make as much $ on market potions as they can. Again, many people obliged, wanting to jump into the content that they want to do (and regardless of what you think, they are entitled to play the aspect of the game that they enjoy since they are paying), only to find that they can't...there are encounters that are simply impossible to do as they are (case in point, the only guild that downed Darathar before he was beefed up went in after the changes and said based on the rate at which they were killing him, it would have taken them three hours. After the "nerf", change it to only 1 hour). That is a legitimate complaint, not whining.

So yet again, you can sit back and tell me and whoever to suck it up buttercup, but I would really prefer to log in a year from now and there be a healthy population. If you don't think that is a legitimate concern, then that is your prerogative.
  6. Mondego Active Member

SH dying had very little if anything to do with the rate of exp on the server. You've already said several times 'the rates on SH were perfectly fine' and then you turn around and say 'but because the exp sucks on this server it's going to have the same problems as SH' lol wut? Are you sure you can explain it? Because that makes absolutely no sense at all. It just looks like to me you want exp rates to be the same as SH, and even though it isn't really applicaple in any way to what you're trying to argue for, you're using SH dying as some convoluted tie in to FG's slower exp. The two aren't even related, so your concern being 'what happened on SH is going to happen on FG' is not even a coherent argument.

You just wanna be level 50 so you can have a level 50, like everyone else. It has absolutely nothing to do with the health of the server because the server is going to die out once we reach those problematic and anti-nostalgia expansions and there is nothing anyone can do about that. If your issue was with raid mobs and their difficulty, I'm sure you would've focused on that and I wouldn't have really said much about your post as I dont really raid. But the bulk of your post is about the exp requirements on FG and that's what Im responding to. Again the raid mobs difficulty is a seperate issue, and I expect you're borrowing from what appears to be a pretty legit issue to lend some credibility to your 'but i want muh lvl 50' argument. Well no, again, that's not really related. Unless your point is 'more people need to be lvl 50 so we can clear content' in which case, yeah suck it up and wait.
  7. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I've been playing on FG since the 1st day (ok 2nd day, 1st day I couldn't log in >< ) My main just hit 40, and I don't concern myself with power leveling, I don't spend a fortune on exp pots, I have bought 2 or 3 vitality pots, but that's mostly the crafting ones. It's not terribly difficult to level you just have to get out there, find a group, hit up some dungeons, do the quests.
    Mondego likes this.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

Inb4 the server doesn't even make it to SF
  9. Ratza Well-Known Member

I thought the purpose of the FG server was to have live server players go there to do heritage quests to get inheritance gear for toons back on the live servers. Otherwise why would anyone want to subject themselves to such a painful leveling curve?
    Mathafern and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The majority of players on FG are from the live servers and they are there to get their hqs done as you said so that they can claim their rewards on the live servers. Once the new expansion drops on the live servers, those same players will be back on live servers and FG will just be a memory. FG is only one month old and the population has already decreased significantly since launch.
    Mathafern likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

I love crap posts like this. You can speak for yourself and those you know, but you can't come anywhere close to speaking for "the majority of players."

Live servers are terrible. I'm deleting max level toons there and rolling new toons on FG. I'm definitely never going back. The game started dying for me when mercs and solo dungeons were introduced and the focus went away from grouping. I love the fact that I get on FG and can get a PUG almost 24/7. Sure there could be fewer people than at launch, but you can't even quantify that. There is always going to be a certain number of people who just go see the new shiny thing, get the mount by getting to level 10, and then move on. That doesn't mean they went to live. Maybe they did, but maybe they just bought one krono to see if they wanted to come back to the game and decided not to.

I'm also pretty skeptical that there are a lot of dedicated live players who are spending a bunch of time on FG. The live HQ rewards aren't all that great and it means taking time away from grinding tithe and ascension. If they're spending a lot of time on FG, then they will fall behind their fellow live players. Since account wide tithe has been "shelved," it just doesn't make a lot of sense for someone on live to spend a bunch of time on FG.

Will FG die? Yep. All of the servers will die. I doubt that the game has much more than one more expansion in it. Until it dies, I will enjoy FG and the fact that I can log in and see general chat, the cities, and my guild busy with active players.
    Keldo, Abershawe, ssiard and 6 others like this.
  12. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I can only speak to what I see, but I'm seeing the same pattern as Miz.
    Don't make the same mistake of speaking for everyone based on your own experience.

As to myself I do my 4 experts a day then jump over to craft and level up some on FG, and then back to raid.

The HQ rewards aren't that great but who knows how they will pan out come expansion time. I know I'm curious how that will be handled. As to grinding tithe, once I hit 30 I decided that I'm done grinding I'll just take what comes, and ascension I finished over the "super ascension weekend" along with anyone else who was serious about it.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

My experiences with players in and outside of my guild so far lead me to believe that a large percentage of the population, either no longer plays on live or are not just on FG for the HQ rewards. Most of the people I come across, are on FG to play and stay on FG.

I have not experienced much of a population decrease (outside of opening weekend). I have been leveling my alt up recently, in mostly dungeons and I am still seeing 2-3 instances consistently. Same for the open zones of EL, TS, Ant, CL and even in the Cities.

It is really early to talk all gloom and doom. The server seems to be very healthy right now.
    Mathafern, Bekkr and Dude like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't see why anybody "has" to be at level 50 on week 12. I am leveling as it happens, no potions, no extras, just what happens, happens, when it happens.

Cyrrena
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yup, many of us have little interest in live. We're really looking forward to expacs like KoS and RoK. Yesterday there were something like 7 frostfang seas. That doesn't exactly scream "dying" to me. The only thing that's really been frustrating for me is the raid mob balance and lack of communication, but they seem to be addressing that now.
    Mathafern, Draknox and Dude like this.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'll probably just quit and play destiny 2 or guild wars 2 if fallen gate doesn't pan out, I really have no interest in playing on live what so ever, and the fact that stormhold is basically dead means i won't bother going back and doing dov/CoE/ToV again.
    firecracker likes this.
  17. Venser Active Member

PC beta August 28th for Destiny 2! ;) . . . recent bannings (discord and here), ignoring feedback, incorrect mob adjustments will reflect the population sooner than later I imagine. Im sure the server will be strong until mid DoF. I would have like to have played DoV on SH, but yeah.... :(
  18. Bekkr Well-Known Member

You have absolutely no way of knowing this for sure.
    Dude likes this.
  19. Revel Well-Known Member

Exactly what I did. I didn't let the door hit me on the way out either. I hope everyone enjoys the bot farm groups and unbalanced raids.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Been playing on it since the server opened. Haven't seen one.
    Could not possibly care less. Thanks for your concern though. :)
    Dude likes this.