Fallen Gate Experience Rate Survey

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mosharie, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mosharie New Member

The survey below provides the opportunity to gauge the player base on where the experience rate for Fallen Gate should be set compared to where it is today. The results of the survey may or may not compel DBG to make a change but as a community we could see where we feel experience should be set. When voting please consider what you think would be in the best interest for the long-term viability of the server and not just your personal interest.

https://strawpoll.com/zywrs9ye
  2. Xephane Active Member

Good idea, this is some pretty good constructive feedback and I hope DBG listens to the results! Thanks for creating this :) Gets the community together so you can see a general representation of TLE players on the forums voicing their opinions with the survivability of the server in mind (if they voted properly!)
  3. Flossie Member

Cracks me up that there's 5 poll options to increase the xp rate, and none to reduce it. Bias much?
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

It's not just the xp gain that is a pita on FG...but run speed/mount speed is beyond ridiculous.
  5. Mosharie New Member

I don't believe the survey is biased. I have read every thread and post and saw nothing about the experience rate being too fast. It seems the perceptions are either experience is fine where it is or it's too low. So, the survey is reflective of the opinions expressed in previous threads.
  6. Flossie Member

What's the point of a survey if it only caters to one school of thought? It should have a neutral foundation.
  7. Flamace Active Member

no change is winning, gotta love the vocal minority....
  8. harvash Active Member

Maybe I can't math - but as of this post, 43% no change - 57% want SOME change - I believe no change is still losing the war...
  9. Flossie Member

Solution: spend less time whining on forums and more time xping.
    Sigrdrifa, firecracker and Siren like this.
  10. Flamace Active Member

sure, I could have been a bit clearer in my post. The point I was trying to make, much like others, is this poll is bias and the single biggest entry with the most votes is don't change it. Then again it looks like no change is winning now anyways...
  11. Mosharie New Member

Not to sound like sour grapes but I believe the survey was hacked for lack of a better word. I was following the results and you would get 2-3 responses every 10 minutes or so. The results were fairly well distributed with a 25 percent increase clearly leading the survey. Then within about a 5 minute period about 20-25 responses came in exclusively for the no change choice. I have no evidence to support my assertion, but I suspect someone spoofed their IP address and was able to vote repeatedly for their choice (based upon the activity of the previous two hours).
  12. Flossie Member

So you make a bias poll in favor of increasing xp, and when it still doesn't go your way, you claim that people are cheating. Got it.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Mosharie New Member

Honestly, there is no "my way". I have a preference that I would like to see. However, I am more concerned about the overall and long term viability of the server. Since last week I stated my concerns for those new to the server, reasonable progression for different play styles and the server being alt friendly. I believe those areas are critical for the server to be viable 6 months and a year from now. Those are opinions and certainly debatable and part of the reason to have forums to discuss these types of things.

I was having a conversation with someone close to me and outside of MMO gaming just the other day. I expressed appreciation for having another chance to play the game from the beginning with an active community. It was like a second chance and I didn't know how much longer the MMO genre would continue to last as everything has gone the console route. With that in mind I really want what is best for the long term health of this type of gaming and EQ2 specifically. If I am wrong and the current rate of experience is what is best then I am all for that.
  14. Flossie Member

I think it's too soon to say the xp rate is too slow. More and morw people are hitting 50 every day. Give it a chance.
    Xephane likes this.
  15. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The only thing I want changed is the tradeskill leveling.

I am already level 39 on my paladin and theres just not enough to do in shattered lands at level 50 to warrant weeks.

Stuff is still horrible balanced and people will cry about 12 weeks cycle being too long once they release how easy it is to do dragon language and fire and ice.
  16. Xephane Active Member

Agree, rest of the post is somewhat debatable.
  17. Flamace Active Member

Yeah, I too found it strange at the sudden influx of votes.
  18. Xephane Active Member

The thing is though, the way this was worded is that the OP WANTS votes based with ...

That being said regardless of what is "winning" or "losing" it isn't a 100% clear vote as to what each individual person wants. I myself wanted no change, but I voted 25% anyways because that is likely the "best interest" of others. My personal vote would have been 0 if I was voting for myself.

This isn't a political election, so votes aren't 100% accurate as to what we the people truly want, it's what we the people, think the other people want.
  19. RadarX Community Manager

Unfortunately we don't allow polling on the forums so I need to close this.
    Atan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.