Fallen Gate Class tips

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Warhealer, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Warhealer New Member

So I have a lot of memories of launch EQ2 i'm not active on the forums but ive been off and on since closed beta.

I have seen quite a few posts about what healers to choose, what dps, ect work in the "old" world.

FG server.

Now if they have truly pushed it back to launch settings ALL healers are good. Some require more work and communication than others.
    Healers
    I.E Mystic/Defilers require tank communication and are very very hard to solo with. You have to pre-ward prior to pulls and chain your small heal with a ward then a big heal after for harder fights or the mobs will rip the ward or out parse your lacking heals.
    Templar/Inquis are precast heals also for their reactives.
    Druids are the most forgiving healer class at launch. Their HoTs make It pretty easy to stay on top of things and require little precasting except for thorny shields.

Scouts
    Assassains are king of parse(or were at actual launch) You just need a good tank to hold agro while you poke your enemy in the butt.
    Rangers are ok early on but don't take off until maybe level 25ish.
    Dirge are a must for melee groups
    Troubs are a must for caster groups.
    BL/Chan I wont comment on I have no experience since they were not available at launch.

Fighters
    SK: Since they no longer have a pet or its a temp pet I don't know how well they do at soloing but their life tap makes them fairly easy for healers to keep up when they sword N board and don't 2h
    Same with Pally.
    Guardian. The best tank class at launch he/she requires a group to be effective. It's not about dps its about hate gain and soaking up damage.
    Beserker: Arguably the most versatile tank class they make great DPS early on and can easily swap out to be a temp tank if the main falls. They cant hold their own for long though so get that main tank back up so the hate transfer can start.

Mages:
    Summoner: Both are good but necro takes DPS parse due to most of the mobs have lower resist to poison and disease
    Wizard/Warlock: Same as summoners early game warlocks take the dps.
    ily/coercer both group based keep that mana flowing.

Today on regular servers most classes can solo pretty easily so some of you are reading this saying "Duh" that's their role while many of the people that have only been playing a couple years have no real idea what their base purpose is in game because they can or have soloed with a merc or only been in small groups.

The perfect groups has a tank a healer and dps. Try not to mix the dps i.e ranger and wizard. For optimal dps you'll want a melee dps grp or a mage dps grp then get the correct bard to top off the group which will increase your dps and fight longevity.

If you do mix your group with DPS type always cater to the mages for bards. Troubs will keep your glass cannons firing and provide a nice speed buff for the team.

I personally play and have years of experience with
    Shaman-Mystic
    Summoner-Conjy and necro
    Druid-Warden
    Figther-Beserker
    Mage-Coercer
    Scout-Bard-Troubadour
    Although I have played pretty much everything excluding BL/Chan the above are my favorite classes to play in old world EQ2.
    Nyanya, Fink and Mariketa like this.
  2. Mariketa New Member

Thank you. This is quite helpful.
  3. Ryuken Active Member

No Brawlers (Monk/Bruisers) under Fighter cathegory?
  4. Warhealer New Member

Thank you Ryuken for catching that, I was bound to forget a few with my old man mind haha.
  5. AltEfFour New Member

So now that we are a month or so into the server any one have more specific tips?

Specifically necros, having a hard time soloing mobs due to my pet just getting destroyed. Root rotting better with the mage pet? Can i get a high level necro in here to tell me how they are soloing named in EF and LS?
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have some tips specifically aimed at Fallen Gate conjurors that are pretty applicable to necromancers as well.