Fallen Gate and bells, housing, events...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Springelf, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Springelf Active Member

These are the questions that I have been pondering since I heard about Fallen Gate. I figured there is not harm in asking.

On Stormhold travel was a bit of a nightmare. Having to get player ports got old pretty fast (and I was a person always going them). Is there any talk about bells and the like working on Fallen Gate?

On housing, are we going to be able to buy prestige homes right away? Pretty sure we couldn't at first on Stormhold but then at some point we could buy most of them. It would be nice to be able to start decorating some of them right from the start.

We didn't get holiday events at the start. We would get little crumbs of stuff. Not sure why we couldn't get them from the start on Fallen Gate. I never understood why we couldn't on Stormhold.

City festivals: same as live events. Are they going to be there from the start?

Not expecting much to actually get much info but I will take what I can get lol.
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

A lot of the events have content tied to specific expansions. Frostfell and Nights of the Dead are heavily tied to EoF in particular. On SH we tended to not get those live events until several expansions in.
    firecracker and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Springelf Active Member

FG is starting with beastlords and channelers so it doesnt appear that this server is only opening things at the right expansion. I cant recall anything for Frostfell that is tied to EoF, which doesnt mean there isnt anything...I just cant think of it. The zone for Frostfell was Permafrost.

The only event we wont have all the zones for is Moonlight. But, not 100% sure...I think we got all the city festivals we could get before Gorowyn was out.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The McScroogle quest series in Frostfell requires Steamfont. Nights of the Dead requires Loping Plains. Once EoF hit on Stormhold the events began opening up.
    firecracker likes this.
  5. Rozyn Well-Known Member

I actually looove that travel is a big deal again and you rely on player ports and runspeed. But maybe I'm a masochist. Possibly.

The funny thing about early SH housing was having these old inns all decked out in cash shop white marble. That sure was something to look at lol.

Meaghan covered the reasons they didn't give us holidays on SH at first, and it sucked then too. We do have an actual TLE dev this time around but I'm thinking he mostly covers itemization and balance, not prying holiday questlines apart. Who knows though, I'm not expecting it but it'd really make my day to at least get Nights of the Dead and Frostfell.
    Nuhvohk, firecracker and Xephane like this.
  6. firecracker Member

I love it too. It makes you realize the massive size and scope of Norrath when you can't hop on your flying mount and get to the other end of the zone in 30 seconds or just take a bell from Qeynos Harbor to Nek Forest. I love traveling.

I actually kind of miss the days when you had to stand and wait for the spires. I made a lot of friends standing around on those things lol.
    Rozyn likes this.
  7. Springelf Active Member

I understand why the more difficult travel is appealing. But...all that meant practically was everyone going to player homes to get ports. Which I did at first...and then forever and ever and ever. I loved getting votes for my houses but it started to feel like a trap lol. I suppose I dont have to do ports on FG...but if you wanted housing votes so ppl might come see your place you have to do ports. I know...not a huge deal to the average player but since it is to me I figured I might as well ask. I know on SF most ppl wanted different travel options...or so they told me. *shrug*
    firecracker likes this.
  8. firecracker Member

I get that though. I played on Stormhold for about 2 months as a Fury around the end of EoF and most of my time was spent standing around QH or my guild hall giving out ports. Kind of boring...
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I played on SH for several months... running around the world was fun for the first week or two, then it became a real drag. I don't mind the reduced speed on mounts so much, but I really hate spending all my play time traveling. IMO, give me all the travel options on the bell, at least.
  10. Springelf Active Member

I meant to say SH. Cant edit the post o_O. Just didnt want ppl to think I meant someplace else...
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Threads like this show why game developers take "customer input" with a grain of salt. We're only on the first page and people are asking for diametrically opposed things.

I think TLE should be slow. Not so slow that you can't reach current max level by the time of the next unlock, but slow enough that it seems like a challenge. There are plenty of servers to level fast. This is something different and will appeal to a whole different subset of EQ2 customers.
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  12. Rozyn Well-Known Member

In Springelf's defense, prestige housing and holiday events have no effect on the duration of expansion content - unless you count giving subbers something fun to do on top of the content. No one in this thread has actually asked for faster levels or unlocks, as holiday events came out before the expansions they have since been intermingled with. It's just a question of developer time and effort untangling those, which at this point is pretty unlikely.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

True. I think I was thinking of the other thread where they were talking about speed of leveling.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I can't bring myself to ask the devs to rework the holiday events to not require certain expansions. They simply have waaaay more important things to do with their time. Prestige housing, on the other hand, is money to the company and doesn't affect gameplay anymore than standard housing, except that it removes the plat and status sink to rent upkeep.
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  15. Momo Well-Known Member

For me the slow travel was something that kicked me back to old times most of all. And thats the reason I'm enjoying TLE after all! Its even one of my main reasons for class choice - utility. Beeing able to give people run speed, evac and portals. Those skills are just plainly useless on live.
    "Remember that one time" (on Stormhold name of a guild, love it ^^) - I was in my first ever group and they wanted me in the Thundering Steppes. Someone had to come and get me, because I didn't have the 60 Silver for the ship. Aaaah... memories.
  16. Nuhvohk Active Member

-Travel was slow back in the day. TLE is trying to emulate that "back in the day". So TLE travel is going to be slow. Surprise!

-It has been explained numerous times why holidays aren't on TLE.

-I agree on the Prestige Housing thing partially. It'd be cool to have them in the game, but they would need to get rid of the portals, and add an upkeep cost to them; otherwise, they would feel out of place in TLE. However, I don't think they can easily do that without it affecting non-TLE servers, so that's probably out.
  17. Springelf Active Member

We got prestige housing on SH np. We already use the housing leaderboards and have portals (when prestige went live). Most people who had a lot of them had a smaller home as their portal jump off point. I just want to know if we will get them right away rather then waiting an arbitrary amount of time like we did on SH. I guess I will find out soon enough tho.

I get why the travel was less than whats on live. My point is...travel was not "as it used to be" on SH. *Everyone* went to players homes to get ports. I did this all the time. I will do it all the time on FG. Imo we might as well have greater bell access rather then this player port ad-hoc system. I dont expect everyone to agree with this and not here to change minds. I just putting my opinion out there so if by some random chance any "powers that be" read this *shrug* who knows.

I understand what was said above about live events. I dont agree with some of it but I understand it. I still want to know about city festivals because I dont know for sure when we got them. I think (?) we got them before we had access to Gorowyn. Just cant recall. Also, I think Moonlight could easily be available before EoF...just cant get Greater Faydark. This...these events,...is the single most important thing to *me* in the game so I wanted to say something now about it. Like I said I dont think much will be done or said by red names but I rather have said something then not. Probably less than 1% of the player base cares either way.

This isnt a classic server, we have things locked so we can enjoy lower level stuff with others. For this server we are getting beastlords and channelers.....which is totally out of expansion. If we are getting these we can easily get other stuff. Halas and Darklight wasnt in original game either and yet we will have them. *shrug*
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Kari Well-Known Member

I don't get where everyone is reminiscing about the slow travel bringing them back to the old days. All these things that slow down travel in TLE are fake and didn't exist in the real game. In the original game the mounts were faster than TLE. They also had vendors in Freeport and Qeynos where you could buy a ticket to the Nek Forest dock or the TS dock.
    Prissetta and MacG01 like this.
  19. Nuhvohk Active Member

Not trolling, serious question. If holidays and live events are the most important aspect of the game to you...why are you playing on a server that has them disabled? Why not just play on non-TLE servers? What is the appeal, to you, of a server that's trying to emulate vanilla EQ2 when vanilla didn't have those things?
  20. Springelf Active Member

Its not that I dont like playing the actual game (kill loot repeat). Housing is the big reason I play EQ2 but its not the only reason. Live is like a crazy carnival and I like the overall slower pace of a TLE server. I just like the fluff stuff more then the fighting stuff. Also, my husband doesnt like live lol.
    Fink and Prissetta like this.