Fall Frenzy for EverQuest 2 - Something cool each day!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Woohoo! So much gear to get!
  3. Nantoh Member

Sounds insane but I welcome!
  4. Baphmistra Active Member

Something cool each day!

Well it's fall, so yes the temperature is going to drop each day for the next few months. I'm hoping that this means a little item or two for us silver members. I know I've been disappointed in the past, but maybe just this once it would be a nice surprise. Instead of getting tricked you could give us a treat, maybe a new house? Base the house loosely on a dungeon, like Stormhold, or Caltorsis. You could even make the walls mine-able, like what they did on Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2, with a chance that you could get harvestables or furniture items with each section of wall removed. This could even work with a bonus for your gold members, add 2 plat for each of their sections. I know it's a bit of a departure from what you've done in the past, but think about it, it's not the worst idea I've mentioned on here.:rolleyes:
    Lateana likes this.
  5. ljbnomad New Member

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the Double XP this week. It has been so nice, and I think quite awhile since we have had it. Thank you!!!
  6. Wintir Active Member

Thank you, Roshen.

Will there be a double "Far Seas Trading Tokens" event soon, also?
  7. Badwolfe Member

I know you won't do this but heck just for the fun I'll try anyway lol.

Please please could you keep the double XP running this weekend It's my birthday on Sunday and my other half has bought me the latest Xpac. That means I have an entire weekend of chilling out and hammering this game. So erm yeah double XP so I can get to the new zones a bit quicker would be awesome :) .
  8. Pumarah Member

I'll be honest here, I'm not even sure I want to try this Ferrin bit, We already have Far Seas tokens as one alternative from them, and let me hearken back to the days when they were building that sky dock near Maj-Duhl. How many of you remember the "DIRTY Money" they were giving us, and touted much the same way as Ferrins now are. And just as suddenly as it came and we were building up the 'money' for some good buys they took that out from the game leaving us with a bank or bag slot of useless currency you can not even use or exchange. Will Ferrins follow the same course? If Daybreak follows the old patterns, then I suspect we'll be (Explanative Deleted) royally yet again.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Adventure currency and currency for live events are very different.
    Live event currency is only usable during (and some times for a short bit after) the live event.
    Adventure currency is always usable for gear at that tier. Ferrin and the uses for ferrin aren't going to go away. All the other 'old' adventure currency can still be earned and used.
    suka likes this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Just did a quest that gives ferrin and I only received double for being a member so the double ferrins is not turned on yet or not working.
  11. Spurn Member

You need 10,000 Ferrin to get the mount, and it's a really good mount, plus spending on potions and scrolls and adornments and I'm still spending my Etyma from the last expansion for scrolls and such. I'll take all the Ferrin I can get my greedy little hands on, thanks!
  12. Gharish Active Member

Do those of us on the TLE servers get anything, other than to pay pay pay?? I'd like to know so I can drop that server if we are never going to get any perks or acknowledgment that we too are paying members.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I do agree that as paying members those on the TLE servers only need some type of perks. Question is what would be acceptable to the folks there. How about we start a thread stating exactly what type of perks would be acceptable for these servers and at the same time not take away from the purpose of those servers. And try to keep that thread on topic and civil. :D

I went ahead and started the thread here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rks-would-be-acceptable-for-tle-folks.563856/
  14. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Before opening the TLE servers they had a poll with a fairly comprehensive list of questions about what the player base wanted the limits on those servers to be. If I recall correctly (not a given) one of the questions was about double XP, and a majority of players voted against it. If my recollection is correct then they are acknowledging that we are paying members by giving us exactly what a majority of players asked for...no double XP, amongst other things. Regardless I do find humor that in all the old threads people asked for an old fashioned server where things were harder, leveling was more difficult, The Isle of Refuge was the starting point again, and you actually had to work at it, they give us most of that, and now people complain about the lack of benefits on the TLE servers that being on a normal server gives. SMH.
    Siren and Pumarah like this.
  15. Breta Well-Known Member

You get to play on a server, that people dream on for ages. That's gotta count for something.
  16. Moldylocks Member

The people that voted were the ones in beta testing, and not the population at or after launch. Since then, the tiny fragment percentage that got to do those polls simply does not represent the current population. Please don't pretend otherwise, and please refrain from the condescending attitude.

Oh, and there are xp boosts on the TLE, but you need to pay SC for them. So, that argument completely goes out the window.
    Filly67 and suka like this.
  17. Moldylocks Member

Unfortunately that thread got derailed by the usual toxic community members. It's increasingly hard to have civil discussions here.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

If you look, the actual total number of ferrins shown in the reward window is already doubled, so you get double that again as a member. That is how they handled the etyma before when they did the double for everyone promotion for that.

For instance, completing the weekly normally shows 15 ferrin, rewarding all-access 30 ferrin. Finishing one of the weeklies last night it was listed as giving 30 and I received 60 as all-access.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Okies I see what is happening. The quest window showing reward has the ferrin reward doubled so it doesn't say in message you get double unless you are all access. So the seagull quest normally only gives 3 ferrin but the quest window for both my all access and non all access toons show 6 ferrins for reward now. When I complete on all access member it displays I am getting 6 extra for being all access but for my non all access it doesnt show message. So it is working. Its just confusing if you haven't done the quests in awhile. I swear last time it showed messages at the end it was double instead of double in the quest window.
    Finora likes this.
  20. Eggfu Member

double PVP damage weekends? :D
    Belenos likes this.