"Faith's Retaliator" in PvP combat

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Karnor, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Karnor New Member

Hello! Paladin skill of prestige "Faith's Retaliator" PvP combat has a 18 000, 19 000 please tell me how it should be or is it a skill is broken skill in PvP combat, and fix it? And BG is the same. This damage comes from the group paladin to 18 000 - 19 000. I think it should be fixe.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Xeos Well-Known Member

Any kind of ability that reflects back 100% of the incoming damage in PVP should be fixed.
  3. Creasote Well-Known Member

People should know more about this skill before they cry nerf it's embarrassing for that do. This skill has to be impeccably timed to generate that kind of damage. Basically when the pally uses this skill it only last 3 secs or 4 secs and the damage he takes during that time period is reflected back later in the fight , 30 secs I believe. So as the pally you cast the skill, take damage and reflect it later . The pally that reflected that timed it well and it is a rarity. Most faith retaliation hits average 7 to 9 k.

You don't see many pallys use it in pvp bc of the recast time and like I said you have to predict major incoming dps for the reflect to be worth it.
    Slant likes this.
  4. Karnor New Member

That's nice, but in BG "Faith's Retaliator" deals for 40,000 or even 50,000 damage
  5. Creasote Well-Known Member

Well which BG was it? If the pally has an x 2 beating on him with major burns, it will reflect the damage of an x2 later. Or an x3 . Or an x 4. The skill is designed to do so.
  6. Slant Well-Known Member

The damage reflex portion of faith doesn't really hit hat hard at all, I've ice cometed myself for less than my wards reflecting on pallys. After 4 seconds of reflect, then 90% of the damage received over those 4 secs is turned into a 3 trigger damage proc. I dont see this spell as a problem for the reflect, but in some situations its 3 damage cap hits on your next 3 attacks. My nub pally killed a group of 6 with this ability when CE first released, Faith followed by DA + 3 AOEs was all it took. I think the damage proc should be toned down in pvp. Getting smacked for 4 secs with no effect is one thing. Smacking them back for 270% (over 3 triggers) of what they just did to you is pretty crazy. Chop that 90% to 50% or 40% in pvp imo.