Fail Fast?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Southwalker, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Southwalker Member

ok I've been running eq2 on this system for quite a few years and never had many problems, but since yesterday, when I goto log out each and every time it crashes with a

EverQuest2.exe - Fail Fast Exception : A fail fast exception occurred. Exception handlers will not be invoked and the process will be terminated immediately.

Anyone know what the cause could be? I've done the usual as in validated the game files and all is ok, done a virus scan, nothing this is starting to annoy me.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When was the last time you completely rebooted your computer? The game has always had some memory leaks, and Windows is terrible about returning handles, so you have to do this every so often. This also allows Windows and your browser(s) to do their updates... if they're waiting to do an update it can lag your whole machine.

Do you use CCleaner? Not only does it do routine housekeeping like emptying the recycle bin, it clears out unwanted tracking cookies (you can specify a cookie whitelist to avoid having it nuke your various login cookies), it clears out old browser prefetch files, cleans up the Windows Registry by removing information that's incorrect or no longer needed, etc. I run it every time I reboot, and it really does improve performance not to have all that junk cluttering up your PC.

Do you have ACT chunking your logfile into smaller pieces? And if so, do you periodically close ACT to make sure it does so? A really huge logfile can be a memory hog.

If none of those things helps, I'd suggest creating a support ticket.
  3. Southwalker Member

hi I reboot/restart daily, I never keep the system on all day so when I've finished doing what I intend to it's shut down till the next time, never used ccleaner on here and I don't have ACT installed, I've just opened a ticket will be interesting to see what they say.
  4. Wilowsong Active Member

If you are still having problems, try validating the game files.
    Hope this helps,
    Wilowsong.