Fae Flight versus Mechamechanical Wings/store wings

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mysticalmaid, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Mysticalmaid Member

I don't like the way my Fae uses her wings with Fae Flight spell, but the way her Mechamechanical wings look when she flies seems much better and more real somehow.

I do love how it looks when she flies upward with the spell however.
  2. Zannah Active Member

I use wings on all my fae, because I cannot stand the obnoxious particle effect on the Fae Flight spell. It's beyond me why they thought players would enjoy constantly getting glitter thrown in their face (it gives me a headache). I would like to see a Fae Flight spell without the glitter, because it feels silly to use fake wings on a character that has wings. Other than that, I quite like both the spell and the purchased wings - they are really nice additions to the game.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the 'glitter' effect is the same effect you see when they use their racial illusion. it was the same effect that was in eq1 off the fairies they are decended from. the 'glitter' is the magic they have to call upon to be able to fly in the first place. you have to remember that, they are not flying 'under their own power' like a bird or a bat or a mechanical device does. they are using magic to do so. in this case, they are calling on energy from an Elemental God, Xegony, to fly.

though as to how they fly...I don't see any difference in how they fly compared to the wings other then thier shape and the sparkle of magic.
  4. Mysticalmaid Member

Fae wings don't move with the spell, they act in the same way as going along the ground. It's very disappointing and looks daft and completely unrealistic. Without the fae flight spell on the wings are in motion for gliding and jumping.

Fake wings move properly.
  5. Nebula Member

So what? It's still annoying, since the camera is behind the fae and all the "glitter" does get flung in your face. Would you like to give me a lore explanation for why there's a camera, or why there's just a huge glow in the centre of the screen when I go into first-person? Or why there's a screen?

It's a GAME. Consideration for player comfort overrides game lore rubbish about needing to sparkle in order to fly. I, the player, *should* be able to turn off the irritating part.
  6. Qixil Active Member

I would like it if the fae/arasai flight would keep the appearance of the wings they have, but have the exact feel/sound/movements as the "fake" wings and make the glitter optional. That would cause me to actually use the fairy flight ability rather than a flying mount. Oh, and also make the additional shrinkage optional. I don't really need to be any smaller LOL
  7. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

o_O (intentionally takes that the wrong way)
  8. Qixil Active Member

jeez :rolleyes: