Fae (and maybe Arasai) -only illusion quest?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mindsway, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I remember a long time ago seeing a player illusion that Fae (and maybe Arasai) can do, I think in Greater Faydark. It rewards an illusion that makes you really tiny, possibly a fairy illusion but I'm not sure about that.

Does this ring any bells? Been searching The Google and Wiki but can't seem to find it. /cry
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

The quests starts in Barren sky. Starts with Constance Cloudpuff starting lvl 62 /way 488, 295, -558
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There is a quest that starts in Barren Sky and depending on faction (good / evil) you can obtain an item to turn you into a Fae or Arasai.
    Now there is a quest that can shrink your Fae or Arasai and that is the flight quest from Great Divide.
    https://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Fae_and_Arasai_Flight_Timeline
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You're thinking about the Seelie and Unseelie forms for them. I think there used to be a quest for the Fae and just a book to get the skill for the Arasai, but now I think it's just a book for each.

For the Unseelie form the book is... it's either somewhere in Neriak, or it's in the Mage Concordium tower in Freeport, I don't remember which.

As for the Seelie form, most of my fae have had it for years, and I just don't remember anymore where to get it. It IS definitely in Kelethin, though, so you might start clicking bookshelves in that city. :) (And if it's not a book, but still a quest, you may have to turn on out-leveled quests so you can see the quest feather.)
  5. Nilyana Active Member

The Fae version is called Sylvani Form. It's part of the Kelethin quest timeline, and you have to go pretty far to get it, if I remember right. You need to do the Fae right of passage quest line from Katri Eloranta, then go see Aileeta Reila and do a few of her quests. (Healing Properties is the name of the quest that will grant Sylvani Form.)

As for Arasai's Unseelie Form, that's the one that just requires picking up a book. You can get the book from the Neriak mage guild, ground floor, on a bookcase towards the back left of the room. The book is called something like Arasai: Hate Gives Tise to Another Superior Race. Anyone can get the book, but only Arasai will receive the illusion form with it.
    Mindsway likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What about the mushroom hat from Fungoid Fascination and the tiny bovoch that both shrink players, do these not make the Fae/Arasai even smaller. I know I have seen Ratonga that have shrunk down until they are barely taller than my foot and I am a smaller Wood Elf.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, can you imagine a fae or arasai with the flying spell, a mushroom hat, and mystic moppet on? I don't think anyone would be able to see it, it would be just a speck of dust! :p
    Mindsway likes this.
  8. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Well that's what the illusion basically makes you look like, some super tiny little thing, almost like a wisp. It's been ages since I've seen it so I'm not sure.

I think Nilyana has it right and it's the Sylvani form. I remember it being a very involved quest line that I eventually gave up on haha, and that it took place at least partly (if not mostly) in GF. So that sounds about right. I'll look into it to find out for sure.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

For the arasai Unseelie form you go to library in Neriak and click a book to get it. For me it was in the first room second bookshelf from the left. You look like tiny wings with a sparkly body....watch out for butterfly nets!
  10. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Kaitheel likes this.