Fabled Kurns - Help with Tovalakk and Telvorsinn

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ballari, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Ballari Member

Hello! I'm running the solo version of Fabled Kurns and I cannot figure out this fight. I keep getting overwhelmed with adds. I feel like there's a mechanic I'm missing even after having read their buffs and debuffs. Help?
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

In Solo - I kill all the adds first - then pull Tevorsinn (kill it first) and then Tovalakk.
    Twyla and Ballari like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Kill all the adds/trash first, but be ready for Tovalakk to summon more wardens who can drain your power.
  4. Ballari Member

Thanks for the responses! I think I just don't have high enough DPS to kill them if there isn't a trick to it. *sigh*
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Silkmyst Active Member

As a templar, I'm really struggling also. I'm not raid geared, but have been able to handle all the solo zones. Not sure I can do this one. :eek:
  6. Ballari Member

Yep, same. I'm not raid geared, but I also didn't think my gear sucks or anything. I discovered last night that I can't kill the final boss in the Oceansfull Awuidor instance either. Good times.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

Trying to do this zone.. solo.. Killed all adds. above it was suggested that "then pull Tevorsinn (kill it first)". When i "pull" him both he and Tovalakk.are engaged. and as said above the adds get overwhelming. I see in one of the update notes that the amount of warders was reduced for the raid zone. This one too? And it would be helpful if all you had to contend with would be one Named at a time. My Warden is my main.. and I solo.. but solo doesn't seem to be solo anymore. More strat for this would help. Thanks for any in advance
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Mowse Well-Known Member

Inquiring minds want to know
  9. kurghan Active Member

Hi my main is a pally and i have just got to the point where i am confident of completing the solo of kurn, i have had help running through the solo with my alts of which one is a templar and i have found that the templar has a lot of awesome AOE spells that get rid of adds quickly. as others have said take a group of adds out 1 at a time and it will get easier , i always use my flying hammer to attack the adds first. hope this helps
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

We use infusers (poison and heat) for these two and Piecing/Divine for the Nex and Zer.
  11. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Not a lot of AOE spells, but pet hammer and then if they are specced correctly exorcise take care of solo trash nicely(with appropriate stats) for templar. However classes with a lot of blue buttons, such as pally or zerk and idk what else, will do better with equivalent stats cause well more buttons that hit ALL the mobs.

This really is just a dps check. (I don't pay attention to what order I kill them in though). However it was also a dps check in heroic 1/2 but got reduced on those zones. Make sure you switch to the adds as soon as you get the no damage the named debuff from them.
    For what its worth I tried taking off a bunch of gear to see if I could keep up, with half my gear off(4314 on resolve) it was easy. I tried removing all 3 of my weapons as well, but then I was falling behind(3219 on resolve) [I was getting one group down to like 10% when the next group spawned so could not drop the debuff that stops you from damaging named] - I put back on just my ranged and was keeping up(3584 resolve, 567k pot with the solo buff, 22k cb, 1200 fervor, less than 200 dc; out of zone this was 445k pot, 9k cb, 664 fervor) on a templar. (and 20% of my dps was the graceful smite buff for low dps classes on the solo zone buff lol).

Other option is to find someone to help you run it if you can't meet the check solo.