Fabled KoS zones

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Silzin, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Silzin Active Member

nice neck for a heroic zone, and even nicer for a solo zone...
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

would be even easier if I was a coercer :p
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath about CC Staying, the bosses of Tears of Veeshan were CCable until someone proved you could break half the fights with CC (Fherin the Ancient for example) and then all Heroic Bosses were now CC Immune... but why oh why did they make Solo-Bosses CC Immune? Do they know how much of a pain Hammy is to do even with Potent Gear as an Enchanter?

I would rather see CC simply have reduced effects on Heroic Encounters, similar to Epics but not so extreme.
    Daalilama and Mermut like this.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea I know it won't last, it's like this every beta. can CC anything :p but it sure helps since no one seems to want to run these zones on beta and I am alone :/
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I can't get on Beta, I've been trying all day but I have no command or /command that works or is visible on my client. I haven't tried reverting to Default UI though otherwise I would be on Beta myself.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

well I couldn't CC the 2nd name in Den, cleared out all the trash xD so if someone wants to go rush the last 3 names.. I got you! :p
  7. Brutalize Member

I'll run it with you here in a few. Just finishing up some stuff on live.
  8. Skeezie Active Member

And, on the other side of the coin - Den of the Devourer trash is very easy - easier than any of the Vespyr instances. Final named wouldn't be able to be boxed (by me, anyways!) but we had real people so it was easy.

Vaults is back to way too many hitpoints - even the usual squishy trash weren't squishy. We did as far as the rare (well, rare in the normal instance) - Flamelord - he had no chest.

These will be nice instances for those who didn't buy the expansion - and probably nice for others too, if the hitpoints get fixed.
  9. Luzionist Active Member

Have they not itemized these zones yet and I am curious as to what the raid instance will have in store with the cc requirement lower than AS
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

they itemized them
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I zoned into the new fabled labs raid zone...myself on my guard and a friend on his channeler...currently I saw 450 crit avoidance on everything in the zone that we were able to see...so I'm assuming this will be adjusted up to be on par with Accursed Sanctum's 500 crit avoidance.

As for Fabled SoS, first 2 floors we tried, seems like a lot of names and trash need their damage and hp adjusted some up some down as it varies. Gear wise saw a few ok pieces (though seeing an earing with aspect of the dragon 2 on it made me shake my head).
  12. Travail Member

I love the fact that there is a lot of trash, and that the names have a lot of HP. You all are spoiled atm with being able to fly over trash and only fight named. Halls of Fate better be a difficult zone, am hoping it is on par with Dominion. It has been way to long of a wait to have a instance like HoF again. If you did not play the game during KoS you might not appreciate just how much more difficult the game was back then and i hope that the devs make it so that you cannot zone in and pull multiple rooms of mobs at once and survive.

KoS was by far the best xpac this game has ever seen and i really hope you do it justice and make the fabled zones just as hard and enjoyable as they once were. Now if only you devs could bring back the major questlines of that xpac, updated of course, i would be one extremely happy paying customer. Claymore for the win! (even though i know it will never happen)
  13. Taybrien New Member

Not sure what game you were playing, but there was nothing hard about HOF back in the day, and there isnt anything hard about it now. There was always too much trash in it before, and there still is too much trash now. HOF barely had any scripting, it was all tank and spank while curing the mitigation debuff.

The logic that difficulty is increased by adding more 0's to a health bar is silly. All it adds is more of a time sync. If SOE wants to re-design the zone with detailed scripts or equipment checks, then im all for it. The way the zone sits now, its just an autoattack snore. Heck, if they added actual loot or small chance of patterns/masters from trash chests, at least it may be worth it.

I wont even go into the snooze fest the vaults is with 3 named and a ton of trash
    Feldon likes this.
  14. Travail Member

I never said HoF was hard, i said the game was harder back then, that is something no one who has played the game back then and now can deny. Although when HoF first came out it was not exactly "easy". All i am saying is i am glad it is not a zone that takes 10min start to finish, that is no fun imo, i enjoy the lengthier dungeons, and if this is a cakewalk it will be a ghost town, whether youw ant to admit it or not people enjoy a challenge and keep coming back to enjoy it over and over, easy zones lose interest after the first 5 times its ran or less.

The fact that you are saying there is nothing hard about it now really bothers me, why release new content if it does not have a challenge to it? You missed the point entirely and are obviously one of those people that enjoy just blazing through a dungeon mindlessly. Whether you like it or not, trash is part of the game and a necessary part at that, not gonna ask you to understand it but you need to accept it.
  15. Draylore Well-Known Member

High HP Trash with no purpose other than to induce sleep and time sync is not challenging or fun........there are million different ways to make a instance be long and also challenging and fun. Heavy gear checks, complicated boss scripts, etc.
    Daalilama likes this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

wish I could give a true test of the fabled zones but since Beta copy is not working I can't copy over the latest versions of my level 95 toons
  17. Luzionist Active Member

Have ran around beta have not seen the new princes or MO but i did see the old princes, I really hope this is a successful fabled remake as it could bring alot more instances back
  18. Skeezie Active Member

Sanctum = far, far nicer place to be after the patch.
  19. Uncle Active Member

Have ran around beta have not seen the new princes or MO but i did see the old princes, I really hope this is a successful fabled remake as it could bring alot more instances back

new princes or MO are in there own instances purple orb at the crash site zones you to them