[FaarNerfed!] first they change the Ranger AQ armor to look cool, and now it's back to crap..

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Sonic X, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? AND WHY?

First they said they were making armor diversity and i finally loved the armor i worked for, and now it's back to the same crap it was before. And it still looks horrible, i didn't play a ranger so i could wear a lame [FaarNerfed!] armored kilt with a [FaarNerfed!]ty excuse for textured armor.

WHY SOE WHY, now im going to dump the [FaarNerfed!] armor because it not only looks like [FaarNerfed!] but there is better stuff coming down the road anyways. Not to mention on other races(mind you my ranger is a dark elf) the armor actually looked like half decent chainmail. Make up you're freggin minds, just like the Pally and SK horses you suddenly changed you're mind on that too.
  2. ARCHIVED-GoNomar Guest

Then upgrade your armor, the stuff is only good for about 8 levels or so, Most of mine got upgraded at 30 and the rest is sitting in the bank waiting for me to hit 31. Really doesn't seem worth getting all worked up about the look of Chain - Mail in a game ...........much better things to loss sleep over
  3. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

I will now, i was just REAL happy with the change and they change it back for no reason. At least that i can find. I became a huge fan of the look and it's gone. Time to find something else i guess. Any ideas on anything that looks(or simular too) like the changed ones i'm referring too?

Most of the other AQ's look fine, but the current returned one looks like a nerd dressing up for cosplay at a convention :p . At least IMO. Time to go shoppin at the Norrath Gap i guess.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bravesword2 Guest

Of course - you'll look really cool with GAP written across your chest:smileytongue:

I have to agree though - I mean what's the idea of the scraggy kilt thing?? My old armour had a shiny cod-piece which at least looked like it could be useful.:smileyvery-happy:
    Message Edited by Bravesword2 on 02-13-2005 03:42 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Thespar Guest

The change was a mistake that crossed the lvl 20 AQ armors with the lvl 30 rare/quested armor. Once you get 30 and get some quested or feysteel armor you'll get that look again.
  6. ARCHIVED-Criterium Guest

I don't like it either. I'm not asking SOE to change it apperance though or anything like that, I'm just not going to finish AQ(I'm on aq4 right now but I've seen the AQ set and I don't like it). I've been trying to buy a set of pristine carbonite chainmail but It's to expensive, I don't know how much it costs armorers to make those but +1gp for each part seems to much to me, I simpy decided to make a armorer artisian, some way to go but I'm on my way ;).
  7. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

I'm so going to get that then. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

During an xp session in Antonica this weekend, I saw a fellow ranger out in the Northern Farmlands. She was wearing a suit that I had yet to see in-game. Upon inspection, I believe it was all 'Pristine Forged Steel Chainmail [insert component here]', if I remember correctly. The stats/mods were much better than my pristine forged carbonite chainmail, better than the AQ stuff and much, much better looking than anything I've seen so far. It must have cost a fortune. I didn't get a chance to speak with her...her group was busy xp'ing and so was mine, but I have to research to see how much a crafter would charge to make it if components are supplied.

Just thought you guys might be interested. Has anyone else seen this suit, or familliar enough with it to provide any info?
  9. ARCHIVED-Criterium Guest

Steel cluster is a tier 3 rare, not sure how much it costs though. Steel chainmail probably costs a fortune, I've seen it and it looks very nice but I think it's too expensive.