F2P are limited to lvl 100? and small problem with the xp of lvl 99

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragga95, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Ragga95 New Member

I don't understand lvl 95 is too easy, but when I'm lvl 99, the lvl 100 enemies are almost immortal, too many hit points !! On top of that I finished Malice lvl99, after 3 days of instances Advanced Solo and (old) raids . I won only 25% of xp (with bottle bonus xp) ! -_- boring

Another question : It's impossible to climb higher than LVL100 ?? i test the quest for kunark Ascending , and with my LVL 100 (items Altar of Malice) impossible to kill the boss !! and i win 0% XP (100% of AA) and im with -0.5% after 3 deads -_- So I presume that if we don't buy the game and take out a subscription, we get stuck on LVL100, and with Mercenary lvl 1 and impossible to go further than Altar of Malice ??? OK But before that you need to balance the XP because in some cases it is very long and difficult for old content where no one is playing ..

Finally I was able to develop my little Swashbuckler lvl 100, after more 15 year of existence. But when I see that I have to pay to have various items or options and buy the extension to know if I'll like the last five expansion empty of players, before being able to join the others in the last... I think I'll stay like that for the moment ! Anyway, on the little I've seen, you've made a big effort, much better than in 2006 ^_^ (solo mode , less loading ..)

PS: Sad for Willow Wood my hometown! But happy to see the island again !!
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The increase from 100 to 110 in the Planes of Prophecy expansion was so exponential that you literally have to complete the questlines in that expansion to level up-- if you thought the Hell Levels of 95 were bad, imagine spending literal years of grinding just to earn one level.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  3. Ragga95 New Member

Yes i know but im locked at 100 and i dont know if its normal or not , because normally old or not , its possible to UP your XP in any expansions .. Finally I beat the Boss with a bug, if not impossible ^ _ ^ Once in the ZEK instance There was a msg in red, but I did not understand it ,
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

FTP (free to play) is to level 100 Altar of Malice only unless you bought the expansion packs afterward. You do not need a sub if you want to play after level 100, as long as you purchase the xpac.

To see what expacs you have, go to Home, log in, then view account details. If you have Thalumbra or Kunark Ascending, let us know and we'll tell you how to gear for those expacs.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  5. Ragga95 New Member

No, I don't have any more extensions, and I don't even have the ones I bought before the migration o_O ! I currently have access to a ZEK the Scourge island, but it's really very difficult (when I see SOLO written) I'm laughing ^_^ I'm trying but sincerly it's way too hard for a player who just got out of Altar with Legendary Stuff.:D
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

I suspect the general intent is that if you're still playing for free by L100, hungry devs and server hamsters greatly wish that you would pay them a little something so both they and you can continue on. ;) If you buy the newest expansion, I think it gives you access to all the zones and content in between AoM (the last freebie) and this newest expansion, Reign of Shadows. Then people can direct you how to much more easily level from 100 to 120 using the provided gear from the newer zones.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The FTP through AoM is 100% a free trial to encourage you to buy the current xpac to continue to level up.
    Siren and Wulfgyr like this.
  8. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

^^ This.

One note of caution: Don't let the amount of time you've worked to level so far drive your consideration of purchase. Doing the CD/PoP questline will put you over 110 (and maybe all the way to 120, it's been awhile) in a day if you grind through, or maybe two, if you're taking it easy.

In my opinion, the content below 100 is some of the best in the game. If you're not into raiding, lag, buggy content, lag, raiding, lag, p2w so you can raid more, or lag, you're not missing anything past 100.
    Tkia likes this.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

10. Ragga95 New Member

I'm currently on "Zek the scourge" and I really hope the rest of the game will be different! Because the level of some bosses and their forces badly adjusted . I sometimes wonder if it's a real SOLO mode (or if I have to be FULL FABLED ^^) . For me to buy the last 2 expansions, I think it's normal, but say F2P and block the game in the middle ... I have to admit to be surprised ^^ especially that at LVL 95 I didn't even need to think about it for a second because the content was so simple and at 100 it's a bit too complex ^^
  11. Torri Active Member

Depends on how vigorously you pursue the leveling of course. I dinged up from 116.7 to 120 with the final quest completion (having just refilled vitality prior to the turn in ) from PoP by simply following the signature line. I went from 100-105 getting to the 50k ally faction with one of the groups but spaced that out with doing other things on other characters once my vitality ran out (plus, I needed a break from the repeatable faction grind). Then was at 111 after Bastion of Thunder section having used the Orb of Concentrated Memories once. Took a couple of days to work on tradeskill leveling to let adventure vitality build back up. From 111-116 I did let vitality go through the later stages of Sol Ro, then I bought one vitality potion for the final turn in after the big cinematic scene since I had 5K SC sitting on my account for the 6 years I was gone for that final turn in that got me to 120.

Agree that the pre-100 content is more immersive and scales in a manner that is easy to digest as you consume it
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

F2P only goes up to Altar of Malice (Level 100) as you know.

However there was a subsequent expac after it also level 100 - Terrors of Thalumbra. Scourge Zek was a GU as part of that expac, so you'll find you aren't really able to do that content as you dont technically have the expac it belongs too.
  13. Ragga95 New Member

this LU100 are hard but possible , only 2 boss very :mad: ^_^ but its true if you dont play with Thalumbra its a big problem :)