Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

• All higher tiered individual incentives will include incentives from previous tiers.
    So if I'd like all those incentives from previous tiers I need to donate $101.00? or what's the next tier after 100
    I do want them all:D
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, Norton... X-P

We finally gave up on ours, and as we were uninstalling it, wading through all its bleats of, "Wait! Why are you doing this? I thought we meant so much to each other :(", it popped up with:

"Oh, and what would you like me to do with this virus I found? :D"
    "What virus you found, when? You didn't tell us about it..."
    "Oh, I found it a couple of years ago and kept it just in case. :D"
    "A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO?! In case of what?!"
    "In case of, you know, you wanted to look at it or keep it as a souvenir or put it back where I found it and activate it, or whatever. :D"
    "See, this is why we're dumping you like a radioactive potato. Bye. :mad: [deletes virus file, finishes uninstall]"

The one we have now is WAY more paranoid, and alerts us immediately when it finds something, but accepts our judgement about sites we like. ;->

Uwk
    Cassta, Morukta and Chikkin like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question on the rewards: looking at the links for the Potions of Allied Advancement (which is an interesting idea! Might actually encourage grouping! :D), I'm not seeing any difference whatsoever between the Minor version and the Greater one:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Same length of time, same casting time, same stacking capabilities (THAT right there is worth the price of admission! :D), same percentage increase for the same amount of time (if below the current XP Mod cap), both No-Trade No-Value, etc.

Is there something I'm missing? :-/ Wouldn't be the first time...

Uwk
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Accendo Guest

We are so honored and humbled by this year’s Extra Life response. As you likely know, your collective efforts to spread the word and raise funds have not only helped us reach our goal of $30,000, but we’ve exceeded it. And we’re not even up to Game Day!

As we get closer to Game Day, let’s keep this going. All of this is for an amazing cause and contributions can still be made all the way up to December 31, 2022, at 11:45 p.m. PST. And thanks to how quickly and generously you’ve responded, here’s a reminder of what you get to look forward to starting on November 8 at 10:00 a.m. PST and ending on November 15 at 10:00 a.m. PST:
    • Double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and the current expansion on Time-Locked servers (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax)
    • Double currency rewards
    • 10% increased rare drop chance
    • 100% increased experience
    Those of you who have individual incentives coming, those will be delivered after November 7, 2022, and then again after January 9, 2023.

On behalf of all the kids and staff at Rady Children’s, Extra Life, the Children’s Miracle Network, and all of us here at Darkpaw Games, thank you so much!
    Cassta, Xillean, Jinksie and 9 others like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

I can't help but notice this is missing the 'double currency' from the $27.500 threshold - [IMG]
  6. Accendo Guest

Thanks for catching that, Taled. Edited in now.
  7. Denmum Developer

Please make sure that something is in the Bug forum about this, so the right eyes see it.

~Thanks!
    Cassta, Breanna, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  8. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Accendo: Is there a reason Kaladim TLE Server has been excluded? Asking here as you have never responded to any of my private messages
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Accendo Guest

Odd, I have not seen any private messages from you. But to answer your question, Kaladim is not excluded and neither is Kael Drakkel.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  10. Accendo Guest

Greater Potion and Personal Treasure Cache images have been updated.
    Cassta, Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Accendo Guest

Given the amount of incredible generosity you, your families, and your friends have shown, we felt we too needed to mirror that in what we can do to show our immense gratitude. Let’s just dive right into how we’re going to expand upon the original incentives we offered:

Collective Donations (Benefits all players.)
    • $35,000 = 15% total increased rare drop chance, 125% total increased experience. Double currency rewards, double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and current Time-Locked expansions (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax).
    • $40, 000 = 20% total increased rare drop chance, 150% total increased experience. Double currency rewards, double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and current Time-Locked expansions (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax).
    • $50,000 = 25% total increased rare drop chance, 175% total increased experience. Double currency rewards, double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and current Time-Locked expansions (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax).
    • $60,000 = 30% total increased rare drop chance, 200% total increased experience. Double currency rewards, double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and current Time-Locked expansions (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax).
    • $70,000 = 35% total increased rare drop chance, 225% total increased experience. Double currency rewards, double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and current Time-Locked expansions (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax).
    Individual Donations
    • $100+ = For each incentive milestone reached after donating $100, you will receive a second (third, fourth, etc.) key for each listed incentive. Example: You’ve donated $305 so you’ll receive three keys for each listed incentive, and plus one more $5 incentive for a total of four $5 incentives.
    Fundraisers (Those who have encouraged others to donate through their Extra Life account.)

• $250 = Fabled Mercenary: Alva Hz Ruy
    • $500 = One set of all the listed Individual Donation incentives.
    These fundraiser incentives will be delivered after Jan. 10, 2023, and will take into account all donations received during 2022.

Game Day is coming, and we’re really excited to see how much all of us can help benefit Rady Children’s and the Children’s Miracle Network! Please keep spreading the word and know that we cannot thank all of you enough.
  12. Aakla Member

Ahh ok so Game Day is an event, I misread and thought I would get the key 1 game day after the donation. Ogre Fail *hands his head in shame*
  13. Aethos Well-Known Member

So having made my own donation to a friend (Nadaj!)'s Extra Life page, the stuff for my particular donation for me is after Nov 7? The community stuff is active as it's unlocked?
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We are in THIRD PLACE! Y'all are awesome, keep it going!
    As to the personal incentives, we do not have an exact date for when those items will be sent out yet.

As to the collective incevntives:

• November 8, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when we’ll turn on the collective incentives based on the total donation amount on November 7.
    • November 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when the collective incentives will be turned off.
    Aethos, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  15. Kattt Well-Known Member

How things are connected to the players is still very confusing to me, and nothing completely cleared it up. The site has no FAQ about this specific topic. You had said in above posts about getting mailed a code. Here is where I am confused and hesitated to do this until I could find out the information. (I would donate anyway, but don't want to mess this up.)
    Are you saying they just mail everyone who donated to someone from Darkpaw gets mailed a code, or everyone who donates to anyone period? Or...etc etc. Did I make mistake in not signing up first? Just very confusing. I get the feeling many more would donate if these things were clearer. Forgive if I missed something, there is a lot of information.
    This would also be better if their email receipt acknowledged they will send out codes. It said nothing about it. So made me think I did this wrong. Could you perhaps clear this up for me? I hesitate to send messages to you poor folks during beta and xpac time. =)

Thanks! :)
    (I gave it in your name by the way Niami)
  16. Denmum Developer

Everyone who donates to a member of team Darkpaw will get mailed the codes that they earned, from what I've been told. This is something extra that the Extra Life team is doing for us as we zoom through our incentive levels.

The email receipts are autogenerated, and they're not doing anything extra in those as all the teams are lumped together at that point, but I've been trying to include a bit of a personal message in each of my donor thank you's letting them know that their codes will be along soon.

~Mum

P.S., I saw the mail when I woke up this morning! Thank you! <3
  17. Accendo Guest

Extra Life has all the data regarding who donated and how much. We cannot see that so they agreed to help distribute the keys that have been earned on our behalf which is not something they normally do. Once Game Day is over, we'll work with them to know how many keys are needed, get those generated, and then send them to Extra Life who will email them out to all donors. If you donated multiple times, used varying email addresses or the same address for more than one donation, or any other scenario, you'll get the appropriate number of keys for each earned incentive. If I can clarify this more for you, please let me know.

Edit: I should also mention that donations can continue to be given after Game Day and up to December 31, 2022 at 11:45 p.m. PST. Once we're back from the holiday break, we'll do another sweep of numbers and send out more keys through Extra Life then.
  18. Accendo Guest

Don't sweat this. :) Game Day is Extra Life's big push day to help generate funds through the gaming world. It's a massive effort on their part working with various studios. We had no idea our communities would be so generous so quickly this year which is why we upped the ante on the incentives. This has been a remarkable year and we cannot thank everyone enough.
  19. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Fundraiser category is a bit confusing to me on what exactly I should do, and Can we please have a look at that Alva Hz Ruy merc either on the website or in-game? (latter is preferable, one need to talk and hire the npc somewhere in Norrath anyway) :)
  20. Accendo Guest

We added the Fundraiser category because we know some people are supporting the cause but cannot themselves afford to give much money so they're getting donations from family and friends who may or may not play the game. We decided to go ahead and reward them as well. Just felt right.

The picture is a good idea so I've reached out to see if I can get one.