Extra Life 2019?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Enkeli, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Enkeli New Member

Is Daybreak Games having an Extra Life team for Everquest 2 this year?
    parissa and Soara2 like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I do not understand this question, would you please elaborate?
    parissa, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Extra Life is a charity that supports the Children's Miracle Network. I remember seeing that DBG had participated before, but can't find those posts. They might be on FB or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_Life_(fundraiser)
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Hartay and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There is one day in November that gamers all over can/have/will participate in, where they do a 24-hour gaming marathon (any games, including board games, card games, what have you). They get folks to sponsor them, some stream, and the proceeds go to whatever the designated Children's Miracle Network Hospital to help brighten the lives of very ill children. For DBG, that tends to be Rady Children's Hospital down in San Diego.

Back when I had the health to do so, I participated for a couple years, but I can't do that sort of strain on my body anymore.

My personal reasoning for doing it, on top of it just being a way to "give back" was that *I* can use game immersion as a form of pain blocking, and those kids don't have that option. Anything I can do to bring a bit of brightness to their lives is a happy thing.

(I know Dreamweaver has been checking to see if they have a team or not ... is there anyone else participating?)

https://www.extra-life.org/
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Enkeli New Member

I used to take part in Extra Life but health concerns and the fact that the game i was playing at the time didn't do anything to celebrate EL made me stop. My life is in a better place now and I saw that there was a daybreak team last year but no mention of one for 2019. It reminded me of good times and a great charity that holds personal meaning to me. I owe my youngest daughter's life to Rainbow Babies Children Hospital in Cleveland and would love to transfer that devotion to the local Rady Children's hospital here in San Diego.