extended/live merger unanswered questions

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-staticspider, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-staticspider Guest

im hoping i can get a dev to answer a few questions that seem to have been overlooked w the current posts/podcasts.
    first currently the extended launcher saves the game in a different loc on your com than that of live, are those ppl going to have a new launcher when the merger happens and will it try to redownload the entire game to a dif loc, currently extended saves to a hidden read only program data file which makes getting ui mods and map mods to work a royal pain for a lot of ppl
    sec will the everquest2.exe file still work as i personaly cant stand the streaming launcher, i use this for both extended and live by changing the ip's in the default file (i do this so i can play extended from my live folder and not have multiple copies of the game)
    third will the old launchers still work for patching
    fouth a question from guildies w freeport merging w bazarr say i copied to freeport from bazarr originaly when they merg will the toon from extended be merged w the original or will i now have two copies of the same toon
  2. ARCHIVED-staticspider Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

staticspider wrote:
    1. I don't know much about a difference in files, but you could always download a new launcher to that location and run it.
    2. You can download the other client and overwrite it
    3. The old launchers are unsupported and may cause an issue or two.
    4. You'll have copies of the same toon. The one from FP will have an x at the end of their name.
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

You'll be able to get to Freeport (EQ2X) using the same launcher you can use to connect to regular/Live servers.

The big question is, will Age of Discovery include the new Launcher 4 we keep hearing about which will be either full download or streaming as a checkbox?
    Right now, I use and prefer the ORIGINAL launcher, as do a lot of people. None of us is looking forward to Launcher 4, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.