Extend 'Dragon Attack' Event?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

So I am coming to the realization that the monument trade-skill quest burns rather quickly through the dragon mats. I waited until Tier 3 to craft more aggressively but I sympathize for those who selflessly used up theirs mats to complete the monuments. And, I suspect, most servers didn't finish the monuments until recently. The top-tier TS rewards (Ultera-Forged) offer best-in-slot stats such as air speed and combat run speed.

I wonder if the 'Dragon Attack' event could be extended until just before the new expansion release on December 17?

I know event extensions have happened in the past and I wonder if this is a good time to do so.
  2. Thand Well-Known Member

Maj dul does not even have either statue to level 5 yet haha
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Benito and 1 other person like this.
  3. Korochun Member

No, please, no. No more dragons). The event is fun and rewarding but it literally stopped almost all other activities. Besides, the rewards from killing dragons are better than even tier 3 craft rewards.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As Gninja mentioned in my thread back when the event started, the server makes progress adjustments and "bonuses" on the hour.

MD Commonlands went from Stage 2 @ 98% to Stage 3 @ 2% just by the hour rolling over from 5 PM to 6 PM. I was paying close attention in hopes of getting the turn in that brought it to stage 3, but it jumped more than anyone could have possibly contributed when the hour rolled over.

MD is currently at CL Stage 4 60% and Antonica stage 4 52%. We'll get to stage 5 before the event ends.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Incorrect. The Dragonsoul covers one-half of the best-in-slot (e.g. Dragonsoul Barding of the Potent - 594 Potency) mount gear while Ultera-Forged covers the other half (e.g. Ultera-Forged Hackamore of Flight - 17.8 Air Speed).

So, many players will have less than 5 days to get Ultera-Forged and I suspect many players have already burnt their dragon mats on T1-T2 monument building.
    chattie, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Why do you need run and air speed in the fist place?
    Soara2 and Korochun like this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Speed.
    Momo, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would like to see the even extended a week so that it ends when Frostfell begins. Or better yet, 2 weeks so that it ends the day that Blood of Luclin launches. I don't know if this will even get a devs attention unless you send a PM to Dreamweaver Benito.
    Pixistik, chattie, Obano and 3 others like this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul just completed both statues and are getting T3 rewards. The other servers will finish up, I'm sure.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Naneel Member

HoF is done also. They were finished on Friday or Saturday.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Last night Antonica Monument on AB was at almost 94% to Stage 5 around 8 pm pacific time.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

AB must be buggy then cause this morning when I was crafting it was at 67 percent or something like that... thought it was weird that AB with all the decorators would still be that far behind...
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  13. Tangris Well-Known Member

AB has now completed both! :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.