exquisite chest drops in CoE

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Naychan, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Naychan Member

Sony, why do you have exquisite chests dropping major essences for weapon decoration? Exquisite chests are supposed to drops something well EXQUISITE not player made vendor fodder and a lowly 160 item. Does anybody really think that we run through the hamster wheel to get a weapon adornment that makes it look pretty? Player crafted items should never be on the loot tables.

This is a issue that has to be looked into. I hear people complaining constantly some of these zones are really difficult for non raiders "wurmbone, harrows end" and I don't want the difficulty nerfed but I don't want to get to the end get and finally get an exquisite chest to only find an appearance only item. A lot of people on my server don't even want to go close to wurmbone due to the buggy scripts.
    Jrel likes this.
  2. Ardrek Member

I just did Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted and the first two signature bosses dropped NOTHING.
    they put up a pretty good fight and not even a coin purse was dropped, I feel the same way as you, why do the hamster wheel for NOTHING!
  3. Athilia Member

Good point. Item decorations should be in small boxes not exquisite
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

It like a lotto game, you see there could be something real nice in it and after that you see, that only fluff was inside..... i don´t like it either, but can´t think of a solution which didn´t require a few hours coding, which should not be put in there... yeah, i don´t like it, but there more important things to be fixed ^^
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You hve to be mentored to 90 for those to drop.
  6. Bolbir Active Member

As it is now, grouping heroic content is the least rewarding playstyle but at the same time the most fun. But when the fabled drops from solo instance are better then fabled drops from heroic instances aslong it isnt a major essence in the exquisite chest well.....

What you atleast can do is to change it around, Take the solo instance fabled drops to the heroic zones and put the heroic in the solo zones ;)
    Kuulei likes this.
  7. Veeman Active Member

[quote="yeah, i don´t like it, but there more important things to be fixed ^^[/quote]
    Actually there isn't. In game loot is a primary reason for people to quest, chase Named mobs, spend hours on end killing mobs for Obols. Getting a stupid essence as the primary loot item is aggravating, irritating and just screws up my mood to no end. I see nothing more important then fixing this. So it takes a couple of days of recoding, I'm ok if a new fluff piece will get delayed going to SC for a week or two to fix this.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

first, the Major Essence is not player made. the Major essence is a step up from the Greater Essence, which can be playermade, and you can get as a legendary drop. (only players that can make it are those that did the research apprentice recipes for it.

the effects on Major essences are actually pretty nice. if my appearance weapon wasn't an SC sword, or if they would allow the decorations on the SC weapons, I'd still be hunting for Major Essences of prolly Illusion/Radiance/Ice

they sell to the vendor for like 2plat each, and I've sene them on the broker for 50p+ especially for the nicer looking ones. and I see people all over with mastercrafted appearance weapons with these decorations on them. So while YOU find them worthless, doesn't mean that they are. and they are rare enough to be fabled. hell they used to only drop in Drunder instances, and sold for several hundred plat per via SLR.