Exploring in stealth mode.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by sneki, Apr 23, 2020.

1. sneki New Member

I did a few quick searches and turned up a few threads about dps and soloing from stealth mode. They didn't really answer my question.

I want to sneak around dungeons and look at monsters, maybe some that don't detect stealth up close, just to maybe even turn off the UI or w/e and look at the artwork. I am not concerned about efficient leveling or the ability to solo end game content. I will probably level up some, then go back and do under conned content if that is possible.

My only other thoughts are tradeskills.

I really love dark elves :)

I am guessing Brigand and Assassin would be pretty cool. The original rogue from EQ 1 is my inspiration. I like tradeskilling. I assume almost any class can do those for the most part.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

You can do this on any scout, mage, or with a monk/bruiser and feign death. There will be mobs that can see through stealth, which take tricks to get around. With a healer merc turned to passive, it should rez you if you die (not guaranteed. Sometimes they stand next to you and pick their noses instead.)

You can be any of the nine main tradeskill classes you like on your toon, plus all the secondary tradeskills.

Dark elves are evil, so there will be a few restrictions on class type but not many.

Hope that helps!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Crock Member

Just to make sure, any and all invisibility mechanics which used to play a large role once in EQ2, have lost about any meaning ever since... uhm, Chains of Eternity expac? Which was something like 2012 or 2013, pretty much any and all mobs started to ignore any stealth ability the different classes used to have.
    Everquest II started once as a MMORPG, but it turned long ago into a simple hack & slash action MMOG, and while earliest low-level content still works on invisibilility checks individual classes possess, later on that kind of class "benefit" completely dissipates over just how much DPS you can make to kill the enemies, no matter your class, pretty much in any heroic or higher-up dugeons.
  4. sneki New Member

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely be a stealthy dark elf rogue and try to just sneak wherever, if I die I die, I will move on to different content or out level it!
    I understand your sentiment Crock, EQII I has a different charm/feel then EQ1. I've played EQ1 and WoW extensively. The storyline in EQII seems to be its strong point and what is retaining interest for most.
    For me these games have been always more of just an exploration sandbox experience with some social chat elements. I never really get that excited about 'progression'. As much as I do about being able to talk to players about the content they've explored, or read an NPCs story or check out the lore on a diety. Or to get my character 'friendly' with a faction.
    Carynn likes this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

^ This is a huge yes, especially the early stories. Make sure you use the wikia to find them all. You can level lock by right clicking on your xp bar. You can also move your AA slider to 100, and nearly all your XP will dump into AAs thus leaving you roughly level locked, if you are a member. There are a lot of dropped quests in early Shattered Lands and hidden away places that take time to get, but it fleshes out the world. The are also many tradeskill stories. There are racial quests and class quests and deity quests, which are all unique. Last rough estimate, there's over 7,000 quests in the game with stories attached. My favorites are the Sentinel's Fate signature quest and the Terrors of Thalumbra tradeskill quest, with a side of amusement for the Bellengere the Three collection of quests. My sister found that a series of quests are named after songs. She also found hidden capper quests on Shattered Land repeatables. After hearing how long it takes to make quests with the last podcast, I'm very appreciative of every line of NPC dialogue now.
    aleyla likes this.