Exploit Weakness - have to read CHAT to know when to use it? REALLY??

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED--Arctura-, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Can we get this ability a large onscreen text update (in the middle of your screen, like raid mobs or Warfields announcements)

Parsing thru TEXT CHAT while in battle?
    really??

This is completely useless in pvp as is, without randomly guessing when its time to strike and hitting.

Yes, i can make macros to listen for the trigger, yes i can run ACT and watch. Yes i can get a better UI than default and modify it...

but really?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kabahl Guest

Then yeah, you might want to go with Fatal Combination. It is pretty easy to find the sweet spot now where your melee and auto-attack will hit and you can still use your bow attacks. (also, Point Blank Shot works with this ability as well).
    Plus, it's one less thing you have to hotbar and still do extra damage.
  3. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

NO
    There's too much of that already. We'd be missing red text and dying to aoes or causing failure effects. I'd rather see my screen tint red or something.
  4. ARCHIVED-Condara Guest

I agree, I shouldnt have to use an act trigger to use an ability. Or at least leave the "weakness" active so when i finally do notice it i can hit the CA and activate it for full effect. Just poor inplementation of a good idea! Please change this.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

There is a UI mod you can use to have a little window pop up when it procs tbh~
  6. ARCHIVED-Condara Guest

I still use default UI since I cant be bothered to switch to profit, maybe one of these days....
    I just disagree in general of any mechanic that forces you to use an add on to play the game. If ACT and Profit make it easier for others to play and raid thats fine, but if im forced to use an add-on or lose DPS, it sucks.
  7. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

then use fatal combination.
  8. ARCHIVED-Condara Guest

Condara wrote:
    Bolded for your lack of reading comprehension
  9. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

The "Humoring You" Answer: Make a new chat window. Make it small and put it somewhere in the middle where you can see the yellow text easily. The Real Answer: Stop being obstinate and use the tools that are available to up your game. ACT and Profit (or any one of the other fine UI Mods out there) are ubiquitous for a reason. They work, they help and they are free, made by the community for the community. Sometimes smart people come up with a better/easier way to do stuff, deal with it. I'd also be willing to bet that if you embraced the tools available instead of sticking your head in the sand, you would be doing more dps too.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

I dred the day I get EW. I sux at setting things up. But more DPS is more DPS
  11. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

12. ARCHIVED-souldnce9 Guest

A couple of days ago, my sound wasn't working on my computer. So, ACT wasn't notifying me of EW. However, I still pulled it off successfully. The text chat is not the only notification of EW that you get. If you watch your screen you will notice a little black bowtie above your characters head, this is EW triggering. All ACT does is give you an auditory notification. Even if you do use ACT I would also suggest using the visual que, because ACT doesn't always seem to work (mostly, just not always).
    Has anyone figured out a way to make it trigger, or is it just completely random?

Kiki, what is that TTS file you are using? I was thinking of making a six second wav file.
  13. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

TTS=Text to Speech
    ACT tells me to "Hit it" in Microsoft Mary's sexy voice. :D
  14. ARCHIVED-souldnce9 Guest

awesome, thank you
  15. ARCHIVED-Lauralanthalasa Guest

I am not getting any message at all in my chat window but can see the icon pop up in my maintained spells window, what message filter must I have ticked to show the weakness detected message?
  16. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

I really should setup ACT to make a sound, I mean what assassin doesn't have ACT up all the time lol.
    I have no problem watching the chat window for it though. It's color stands out from anything else I have there. But Gaige what addon are you using that pops a window up?
  17. ARCHIVED-souldnce9 Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    I think gaige is still locked from the forums tbh. xD However, I do believe that he is using DrumsUI which has a spell timer window. I could be wrong. I also believe that you can get a stand alone spell timer if you do not want to download all of DrumsUI interface.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    I use DrumsUI so I just use his spelltimer window. When I used Fetish I used the Drago Spell Timer mod thing on EQ2Interface.
  19. ARCHIVED-souldnce9 Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I spoke to soon. :D Gaige is back. lol
  20. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Gaige wrote:

Thanks alot EDIT: Very Nice Addon, thanks for the heads up