explanation for items info like 6 Primary Attributes ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, May 26, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sometimes it increases stats, and sometimes not. So I am a bit confused about these items from the broker. Any character mitigation does go up when listed on the item.

Is it only the first item that has that exact phrase adding to my character ? Or have I been spending plat on things that don't help my characters ?

Thanks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The question you are asking is really about stat mechanics.

Basic stats: the primary stat for your class increases damage and gives additional power per point
    • Everybody needs STAMINA.
    • Tanks need STRENGTH.
    • Scouts need AGILITY.
    • Healers need WISDOM.
    • casters need INTELLIGENCE.
    For other stats, look yourself up on Dragon's Armory. You can hover over a stat and it will tell you what that stat does, and tell you the soft and hard caps.

I seem to recall that you are a caster of some sort. Casters need STA, INT.

Everyone's damage and/or healing is most affected by these, in decreasing order of boost: Resolve, Fervor, Crit Bonus, Potency, Ability Mod. Everyone needs about 100% Reuse Speed and 100% Recovery Speed.

Casters would like spell doublecast at 100% or better, and all casting speed over 100% adds to spell doublecast, though you get diminishing returns over 700 casting speed. Casters definitely want spell skills. (Melee want ability doublecast and weapons skills).

DPS Mod, Haste, Flurry, Multi-Attack, AOE Auto etc. work on melee autoattack. Casters will end up with it on some of their gear, but it doesn't really help a caster much. Non-tanks probably want about 100% in Accuracy and Strikethrough.

If you are wielding a crossbow in your ranged slot, then you need to look on your Character tab under Skills and see what your AIM is at. You want that maxxed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, but how do I find out what those stats are on the items I see on the broker ?

It just says 6 Primary Attributes. then 6 Stamina.
    Below that it says 1 Defensive Skills. 1 Offensive Skills.

I understand the Waist and Level 10 bit.

Are they saying the first part and the Stamina part is the same ? Or something different ?

I created an account there, but I don't see a list of items.

edit: I am looking on the wiki, I'll post if I am still confused.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I see I'll have to make time for some reading... first one I searched for isn't there but the second one was.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

A while back I think last expansion they decided to combine all the stats into just primary like now so instead of listing +6 to str +6 to Agi +6 to Int +6 to wis they just combined them all together.

The stamina is different than the primary everyone needs stamina the others are what each class needs.

I'm not sure if that makes sense or not LOL but I tried.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. Combining them is understandable. Thanks, I understood what you posted.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Once upon a time, items could have different bonuses to individual stats, and different classes could make unique builds. For example, SKs used to look for gear that gave good bonuses to INT as well as STR and STA. Then they made all the stat bonuses the same, so gear would have (as Breanna said), +6 STR, +6 INT, +6AGI, +6WIS as well as +6STA. They also changed classes so that only 1 stat other than STA would provide a bonus to the character - scouts = AGI; mages = INT; priests = WIS; fighters = STR.

Then they rolled all the AGI/INT/STR/WIS stats into "Primary Attributes", presumably to save dev time and space on item description windows. STA has always been separate, because every class needs it.

My SK suffered badly when this change happened, as I had worked on getting a fine balance between as much INT (for spell casting, which SKs do) as I could without compromising too much on STR.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ah! Recently, DBG changed the stats to display taking less space.

"6 Primary Attributes" mean that the item has +6 STR, +6 WIS, +6 AGI, +6 INT.

"Defensive Skills" are Parry, Block Chance, Riposte. Casters use Avoidance.

"Offensive Skills" -- I don't know exactly what they packaged into this bucket, but it's going to be the melee autoattack stuff, I think.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My current all access acount has a half-elf bruiser 15th and an elf guardian 16th.Guardian has the Kaladim pack set and the bruiser has the EQ Adventure set.

The characters I mentioned before are on my main account.
  10. Elrohir New Member

They really watered down the game when they made the basic stats on all the items be everything to everybody. Save space ok but an item is supposed to be crafted & enchanted in a specific way for a specific class. I think they went to far combining STR AGI WIS & INT.
    Breanna and Rhodris like this.