Expansions (To Buy or Not To Buy)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by jhall124, Aug 31, 2021.

1. jhall124 New Member

I've been playing off and on for a few years but recently started playing almost every day. I'm in a good guild and enjoying gameplay.

It is my understanding the expansions come out every year. Are they worth buying? If so, why and should I wait 'till December to get the latest and the past ones that sell with it?

Thanks for reading!!
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No idea why folks haven't mentioned it. You buy the most recent, you get all of them.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. jhall124 New Member

Thanks but are they worth buying? I know "to each his/her own", just looking for some insight.
    Thanks !!
  4. Mugwort Active Member

If the guild mates are adventuring and questing in areas that require the current expansion and you wish to join in with them today, right now, but can't because you don't have the expansion, well, today is a good day to purchase the current expansion.

Sure, you can wait, but since the game is played "almost every day", why miss out on continuing the journey today. Why wait until tomorrow if there is a desire to move forward right now, today, with guild members.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. jhall124 New Member

I'm getting very helpful advise here. Thanks to all !!
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

As has been mentioned, unless you have guildmates adventuring only in the new zones or you want to go into those areas now, go for it. However, historically, a month or two before the newest expansion is released, the last one will go on sale. Used to be 50% off, but last year's discount was only 25%.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sometimes the new goodies are worth it, sometimes you can't use them at your current level.
    Breanna likes this.