expansions on account?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Twigs, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Twigs New Member

So it's been around 10 years since I've stomped around in EQ2, and for some reason, I find I have 9 different accounts. I'm not sure what my reason was for that, but my question is, how can I see what expansions an account has purchased? Because I know I bought at least 2 back then, at least however many were available then, anyway. But on account page, or anywhere really, I can't see anything about expansions. Am I missing something? I'm subscribing, and would really prefer to pay a monthly fee on what account has the most content attached to it. The characters themselves I don't care so much, I like starting from scratch :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Currently expansions through Altar of Malice are free and included with all accounts, so if you haven't played since 2009 or 2010, no matter which account, you have expansions through 2014 for free.

If you level fast and fall in love again with the game, I do suggest getting the current expansion which will include all previous expansions. Currently max level is 110 but it will be jumping to 120 with the next expansion in November.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

type /show_account_features

into the chat line in-game for each account. That will tell you everything each one has, including expansions and purchased classes like Beastlords, etc.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  4. Twigs New Member

Oh thank you, so it works different than it used to, that'll save me a lot of $$ !! And no, I level as slow as an old turtle, I enjoy smelling the roses... so when the cap goes to 120, will that one then be the only one I'd need to buy, since it would then be the "newest" expansion?
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Yes, but not everything will get added with it. Certain classes like BL and Channeler, and certain races like Freeblood and Aerekyn, have to be purchased separately. I think mercs and reforging might have to be purchased additionally too, but I'm not 100% sure. I've had everything for so long now I can't remember back that far.

Aw, who am I kidding? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. :p
    Katz, Soara2, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  6. Twigs New Member

Thank you for the info, I'll play it by ear. I feel much better knowing that it really doesn't matter which account I activate. Turns out the one I guessed and paid a month on the other day has the stuff I bought before, (thanks for the slash command) not that it matters now. Am having a blast, it's even better than I remembered, so will be around a while!
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Siren and 3 others like this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

Welcome Back to Norrath! Yeah, quite a few years ago the bigwigs at DBG (well, it was SOE back then) decided it was a bad idea to force people to buy old content, and hard to code limits based on the exoansions you had purchased, so they changed to this system. Up through AoM they were also giving all but the most recent expansion (or two) for free, but when they saw that the free-to-play folks weren't buying any expansions and just waiting for them to be free....well, that was the end of that! At least, that is how I imagine the thought process went! Still, even a new player gets everything when they buy the most recent expansion (exceptions were mentioned already), so it is a better deal each year that goes by.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

It's a nice way to improve all those alt accounts as time goes by too, Twigs.

Oh, I'm evil. Oh yes. :p
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I have mercs on one. And the rest are the same without mercs. Age of Malice.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Mercs come automatically with the current expansion, so don't buy them separately if you plan on upgrading.

What server are you playing on? Phoenix Rizing is a guild on Maj'Dul and we'd love to have you. We all level slowly too. It's the fun of the questing, crafting and such that we all enjoy. Shoot a tell to Kiskilla or Edelphia if you'd like a guild invite.
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Soara2 like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Its time to do anything. I'm retired, but my relatives take up much of my spare time.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It would still be nice for you to have people to chat with and do things with when you do have time to play. It sounds like these folks are casual so they probably would not require you to have a certain amount of play time each week.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I play to be alone. No offense meant. There have been other player's come up to me, but they said nothing. I just they were checking on my gear, or if they knew me.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My sister and I talked about it.. she doesn't realize I would be on headphones with a microphone. Her kids do that, they play something. And she doesn't like it. I know she doesn't get enough sleep either.

I slept around 11 hours last night. I knew I was tired, but not how tired.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Well if you ever decide you want to try a different flavor and do want some company, come to Kaladim, poke around and look for Court of the Blood Rose.
    Breanna, Dude and Soara2 like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll think about it.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.