expansions access question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by GretchenRPH, Apr 13, 2017.

1. GretchenRPH New Member

Returning to EQII from so long ago I'm basically new. I downloaded the game through Steam and got the Daybreak all access account.

I read in the FAQ on the site something about the access account being good through Velious? Are there expansions that you need to buy? Do you need to go from the free downloaded game installation to the 3 tiered paid game like the currently promoted Kunark expansion, which says it includes all previous expansion content?

Say if I want to take up tinkering. As a free game download/Access account player, do I have Faydwer? I can't find this explained so I'm asking :) Thanks!

(Way back in the wayback, I Betrayed an Iksar from Freeport to Qeynos, and was so disappointed to see that Qeynos was always going to spit on me, that I huffed off. Things are different now.)
    (Way further back I was 6 years an Iksar Monk in original EQ. Who did a ridiculous amount of faction work to move freely in most "good" areas.)
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Hi,
    All of the areas and features (except Age of Discovery) up to Altar of Malice are included in the basic game, whether Free to Play or All Access. Though broker access, chat, mail and spell upgrades have restrictions for F2P.
    Terrors of Thalumbra is included in the Kunark Ascending expansion.
    Age of Discovery was really a feature pack, access to Mercenaries and such and the featues are now sold piecemeal in the Marketplace. I'm not really sure about the Rum Celler Campaign, since it doesn't seem to be sold separately I presume it's included in Kunark Ascending.

If you aren't planning on rushing to end game you might as well wait before buying the latest expansion, when the next expansion is released Terrors of Thalumbra will probably be free and Kunark Ascending included in the new expansion.

See the Wiki at: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Expansions_and_Adventure_Packs
    GretchenRPH and Prissetta like this.
  3. GretchenRPH New Member

thank you! If there's one thing I never do in MMOs, it's race to the end game.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

They gave Rum Cellar to people who bought Terrors of Thalumbra when that expansion released (that's how I got it). On another account that upgraded from whatever the last free expansion was to KA this time, now has access, so it seems you certainly have RC if you buy KA.

I don't have any characters on accounts that don't have KA so I can't check if they just opened it up as another free AOM dungeon when they made Altar of Malice a free expansion though.
    GretchenRPH likes this.