Expansion Price

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Nuadah, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Nink wrote:
    Really, should stop making these dumb comparisons.
    800AAs - split between 16 classes, and most of those are tiny upgrades to existing AA lines. Figure no more than 100AAs per class, when they already have 6-7 thousand. It's a drop in the ocean.
    13 raids - thats 13 raid encounters, not zones. Consider TOFSx2 has 11 by itself it really pales in comparison to the amount of raid content Velious got at launch. Add up the number of fights in Kraytocs, Throne, Temple, Drunder, Contesteds, not to mention HMs or plane of war.
    12 zones - this includes all instances and dungeons. Plus the zones average maybe a quarter the size of great divide, not all that much content.
    500+ spells - again, split between 16 classes and almost all of them are tiny upgrades to existing spell lines.
    20 missions / 110+ quests - Unlikely any will be of interest. EQ1 is almost entirely collect 5 of X item and return.
    The only thing of real interest is the level increase. But EQ1 level increases are so bland it's not really anything special. You keep the same spells, same AAs, same everything except +X damage. Level increase is a tool to hide the lack of real content.
    Then factor in EQ1 doesn't get GUs with content updates. Those features have to last a whole year, and with their track record, it'll be lucky to last a few months.
    EQ1 is being scrwed just as bad as EQ2.
  2. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Malleria wrote:
    I left EQ1 near the end of GoD. So some things may have changed.
    Yes, EQ1 had lots of contested raid mobs. But it had raid zones too. And I doubt the expansion will only offer 12 raid nameds to kill.
    Let's have a look at our Great Divide zone: We have the othmir camp / ToFS in the north, then lots of nothing (ocean). Then we have Thurgadin and they valley to the south of it with lots of nothing (mountain) to the west, lots of nothing (ocean) to the south and almost nothing (mountains with very few mobs and the Ghoamari "village") to the east. And we have the ring war area and the area along the coast leading down to the orc camp. To the east of this area we have... lots of nothing (ocean) and to the south... lots of nothing (ocean). To the west we have partialy nothing (the mountains above Thurgadin), the Tizmak Cave and the Crystalline Crevasses. If we cut off all the lots of nothing we havn't that much left. And in comparison to this the EQ1 zone could be larger.
    Must of the spells will hust be upgrades to current spell lines. But at least they get some upgrades and may be even new spells.
    You mean the majority of the quests in EQ2 (SF / DoV) are better then "get quest, kill x or gather y, return, done"?
    With new levels you have atleast something to do.
    I'm not saying that EQ1 is in better shape then EQ2 but with the next expansion they get more then we do.
  3. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Besual wrote:
    You have no idea. It's a different game entirely. And yes, there are literally 13 raid mobs. If any are contested, they're included in that number. Thats it. Kaput.
    It's just as bad for them, really.
  4. ARCHIVED-feronia28 Guest

Here's something that I've been going through:

I wanted to return to the game after a year and a half break. I love Everquest! I met my now husband in this game, how can I hate it??
    I activated my account only to find that our 3 player account guild lost 95% of it's level 57th level. (Hey when it's only a 2 person guild that hurts!) Customer Service wasn't gonna work with me. And that "many players had issues with the update". Too bad so sad for us.
    I purchase AoD collectors edition, thinking that it was going to be released on Nov 30th and when it wasn't, I spent 20 minutes just trying to find "official" information. I just realized today that DoV isn't included, so if I want to come back and get started and team up with the few friends that are remaining on my list, I need to drop another fifty bucks. Running total of $110 depending on which editions I buy.
    OR:
    I could play SWoR with my husband for like 40 dollars. Sith side baby, with my own slave mercenary that I can shock.
    Hmmm.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jaffa Tamarin Guest

Natashka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Or, go cancel your AoD pre-order, get DoV from Amazon for $25.