Expansion Price

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Nuadah, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nuadah Guest

It looks from the announcement that AoD is the same price as other expansions. We're not getting a whole expansion, just features. I'm curious why we have to pay full price for a half product.
  2. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Nuadah wrote:
    Because most of the features would be free, and the stuff in the upcoming GU's later next year would be most of the stuff one would find in an expansion? <shrugs>. Anyway, the ultimate protest is to simply not buy AoD if you find it to be too spendy.
  3. ARCHIVED-Triyton Guest

New content (e.g. zones) will continue be released free of charge so I don't mind lack of zones in the upcoming Xpac.
    However I hear there is an increase in the AA limit with no new trees or lines to put them in, and of course STILLL no increased level cap. While simultaneously with the Xpac they will begin wrecking the game with the Free to Pay thing.
    No way am I going to pay full price for that.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

Going free to play is not the main issue here, the price of the feature pack is what is going to kill eq2 off.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Cratoh wrote:
    How is it going to kill things off if you're not really hindered by not buying the xpac? The problem that was making people stop was gettting left behind in zones and equipment because they couldn't spend the money on the xpac. That's gone now. If anything, people should be coming back.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

Since I expect SoE to charge Euro equal to US-Dollar, Europeans pay much more for this DLC. Almost the price of a fully developed new game.
    So yes, I find the price outragous. Depends on how important these features will be for raiding, to decide if I will buy it or not.
    EDIT: Just checked the actual prices. Europeans are charged 47,47 $ for the Standard Digital Edition.
  7. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

It all depends how you look at it. The way I see it, they have spun DoV Part 2, saying that we arent paying for it and its coming 'free' through Game Updates; however, we're paying for a 'Features Pack' in between DoV 1 and DoV 2, which is much smaller than previous expansions.
    So they way I see it, we are paying for DoV Part 2, just in a round-a-bout way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Basically they are charging a premium for B3A5TL0RD class. Oh wait, I forgot they don't filter that word anymore :p All zone content on the way is either tied to DoV expansion or free to all players, none of the upcoming content is tied to AoD. They should just break the "expansion" into it's main 4 or 5 components and add them to marketplace - Beastlord Class - Tradeskill Apprence - Mercenaries - Ummm whatever else?
  9. ARCHIVED-Zepor Guest

My biggest issue with this whole thing is paying for the promise of content, instead of paying for content which is delivered upon the time of payment.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

Banedon_Toran wrote:
    + 1million
  11. ARCHIVED-Minxxi Guest

Seems like when I first read about this expansion we were supposed to get a whole lot more than they are now saying. New quests, the new class, new tradeskill mission, new zones, etc. It sounded like a real expansion. We are expected to pay up front for content but when that content doesn't come do they compensate us? Whatever happened to Western Wastes and the new Public Quest that was supposed to have come out last summer? We never got the second part of Velious and now they want us to pay for a new expansion that doesn't even have any quests for a game called Everquest?
    I for one won't be buying the expansion for either of my accounts and may not renew my subs in December. Want to wait and see if any of the promised content comes. Will definitely check out Diablo 3 when it comes out.

This will be the first time in 7 years that I won't be buying an expansion as soon as it comes out, was always so excited for them. Pretty disappointed.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pidgeon Guest

Thirty quid for features. Get a grip.
  13. ARCHIVED-Meinen Guest

DoV had tons of content when it was released and we got tons of content through out the year. Now they are charging the same amount with crap features AND its going free to play. Sure they will release content through out the year, but at the same rate as the stuff that was released after DoV. So they make more with less effort AND bend us over with the F2P...
    I for one will not be buying it...for the first time since launch, i won't be buying an expansion.
  14. ARCHIVED-Coolit Guest

Even considering the above its a pretty excessive price, I'm undecided if I'll buy it being a casual player simply because of the lack of content and value for money this time round.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Some of you people have a weird way at looking at things.
    IDK why some people justify paying this price because they are giving us the content free. lol
    I could see if they had a bunch more features in this "expansion" to make it worth the price. However, it doesn't even come with DoV expansion which makes it even more of a rip off.
    Even the adventure packs they used to put out were cheaper and offered A LOT more stuff.
    Amazes me how many people are willing to throw money blindly at $oE....maybe thats why the game is in the state as it is ATM.
  16. ARCHIVED-ShamusOB Guest

Just do not buy it. The best way to show the displeasure is to cancel excess accounts and refuse to pay for what they think is an expansion.

No need for a beastlord on my account. I hate crafting and never will. 25 aa 5 per tree is beyond useless. There is not one redeeming wow I have to give them money for these. Freeport revamp? why so people can level their new beastlords? no 90 content so no thanks.

The future content we are paying for now will come out broken and worthless when released. We will have to pay again upfront for it to be fixed?? No thanks now, no thanks later.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ztrevco Guest

Are we going to get the released content for free or are we gonna have to pay to unlock each new area as it is released in a game update? I only ask this because iirc that was posted here on the forums before about paying to unlock content as opposed to releasing anymore expansions. Wish I could find that link but it is here somewhere.
  18. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Anything listed HERE is what you pay for in the next expansion.
    The Freeport, Qeynos city upgrades are free, DoV content will continue to be sent out for all the updates, so most folks will only be getting the expac for the extra AA and Bestlords.
    NOTE: This is merely my understanding of what the Dev's have posted.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dreamaria Guest

funny....from my understanding all the continued released content will be tied to the purchase of the expansion.
    The big GU will be like spreading the expansion over the entire year (so to speak). For example we got drunder for free but with their next expansion a big dungeon release would only be accessable for those that purchased the expansion.
    That was just my understanding of the situation. (Not to say that some of the updates and content wont be free, but the content that would benifit end game players would be accessable if you purchase AoD)
  20. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Dreamaria wrote:
    Nope. The free content is available to everybody...even if you don't buy the expansion.