Expansion Pack 10 - Please implement a new graphical UI!

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Lendrcik, Oct 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lendrcik Guest

I know graphics do not make a good game, however, they do help when you are staring at it for long hours! I would like to see a new graphical UI implemented (as it would be a big task, I am suggesting with the next XPAC) which would include new Hotebars, Toolbars and Icon Graphics. There is no reason this cannot be done as we are talking about 2D graphic assests, not the 3D engine. Games like WOW (which is the same vintage) has a very flashy graphical UI (such as when you get achievements, ect) and I am guessing it would come down to the UI artist.
    At the moment, the 3D engine, while dated, does still have appeal, but the surrounding UI makes a kind of "meh" feeling.

Please consider this, it would improve the look of the game aesthetically 100 fold!

Heres hoping!
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Go to EQ2 interface and see if there is one there that has bells & whistles you are looking for. There is also the UI builder included with the game that you can use to modify somethings and information about how to do stuff on Eq2interface.
    I for one appreciate a UI that doesn't have stupid birds and frilly things all over every dang thing. That stuff is just taking up space on my screen real estate that I need to see the game =). Frilly UI elements are the first things to go in games that I have the ability to get rid of them in. UI should be unobtrusive (imo).
  3. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    this ^
    there is already enough stuff going on with the ui, if they add a bunch of fluff it would clutter it up even more. you can already go to that site and download tons of different ui parts to make it how you want it.
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

EQ2Interface.com is your friend.
  5. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

Personally I couldn't care less about a new UI from the people getting paid to work on the game. I'd -much- rather see development time and money improving the ENGINE that's almost as outdated as an AMC Gremlin. There's no logical reason that my system shouldn't run EQ2 at its highest settings, other than the fact that the game engine is outdated and hodgepodge, creating graphical bottlenecks even on a lot of high-end graphics cards.
    Seriously...if you're going to ask for things, ask for things that make the most sense. EQ2Interface has been around for years, and the user community has done fantastic things with UI development (I live on ProfitUI myself).
    Let's keep the developers spending time and money where it will do the most good. The player community will continue to pick up the slack admirably.