Expansion Livestream: Thurs, Oct 1 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

The announcement stream for the 12th expansion to EverQuest 2 will start on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10AM PDT* and we would like to invite YOU to join us at www.twitch.tv/everquest2

[IMG]

During this stream, the EQ2 team will share highlights from the upcoming expansion, do PRIZE giveaways, and answer your questions. Don’t forget that pre-orders start on October 1, this day will be full of information on the upcoming expansion. Join us for the stream, and log into Twitch to chat with us and other players!

Looking for more info? Check out the Producer’s Letter from Holly talking about what’s coming up for EverQuest 2!

We look forward to hanging out with you on Thursday, October 1, and sharing the details from our 12th expansion!

*convert to your local time
    Luciar likes this.
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Doh. Same time the only class I have on Thursdays starts. :\ Will there be a Q&A thread for us to add our questions before the live stream?
    XD Mainly, I want to know if there will be a collector's edition, and if it'll include a house. ^_^ I really missed the house in the last one, as did many decorators. Just pare down a cool lookin instance and pop it in there? Other stuff for other playstyles too, of course, I'm just curious if houses with expansions will make a comeback.
  3. Roshen Well-Known Member

There's not a specific thread for questions, but I'll be going through both this thread and the one Holly started to make sure we answer the most frequently asked questions.

We'll have the replay available for people to watch after the stream too!
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I also am requesting a house and a GOOD healer or tank merc. Krivix and Krivok were good at the time of their expansion, but they are weak and outdated now :(

The Fluff that came with last year's expansion, outside of the tower portal, was disappointing, to say the least. I am relieved to see preorders are coming back this year. Thanks in advanced :D
    GrunEQ likes this.
  5. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

/squee! And ty for letting me know the video will be posted. ^_^

Another question then I've asked before at a Q&A, but I worded it poorly.

Will there be something added to character appearance slots and mannequins/house actors for torches and other items that have light or other effects? Just something to allow us to equip colored torches without sacrificing a charm slot, or to maintain the othmir papoose without having to have the bag in a bag slot (Or being able to put it on a mannequin or house actor!):)
    (I would love to see object representations of charms,bags/quivers, and torches, but that's asking a bit much. >.>)

Also, will there be a "wardrobe" someday? A depot which is owner access only, that holds no-trade, heirloom, etc... would rock a lot of decorator's worlds, as well as people who just like to have a variety of appearance gear to wear. :p
    /begs/grovels /genuflects
  6. Wulfen Active Member

I need to see an update for the Shady Swashbuckler, for items we have acquired in the past two, three years, long enough to know we quested and earned them, but no way can we ever "delete the quest and do it over again" as has been suggested by our beleaguered devs and GM's. That is stonewalling the customer, and it's bitter. Let's get on the same page, here. Shroud of Hidden Harvests, for example. So someone was tired and in a hurry and transmuted it... poof, it's gone, forever, but still necessary for WL flying, for some of us. How about new expansion... updated Shady list?
    Vunder, Enoibia, Edelphia and 3 others like this.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Oh! A couple more questions!
    Will the pet arena be fixed soon? I've only been waiting nearly a decade to be able to unlock the items on the pet arena merchant. >.> (The score keeping part of the program wipes itself when you leave the arena.) I'm guessing it'll get a wee bit more attention from players once the TLE servers get DOF unlocked.

And last of all (for now?); Will we ever be able to equip flight wings to mounts so those spiffy old land/leaping/gliding mounts we knew and loved can be put to use in the sky? (And if you tell me "When pigs fly" I'll take that as a yes, since that would include equipping wings to boar mounts! ;))
    Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

--Will we see any sort of major shift combat-wise in the expansion this time around? AOM/RC has felt relatively the same as CoE/ToV in terms of combat -- heavy reliance on auto-attacking and procs from worn equipment. Many classes still do not bother using more than the minimum necessary CA's/spells between auto-attacks due to this; Swashbuckler being a big one since many of us are still told to stack Haste, AE Auto, and MA/Flurry for maximum auto-attacking goodness. Will we see a shift back to a "happy medium" where every class has to rely on CAs/spells to a much higher degree and less on equipment procs?

--Related to the above, any plans to take a look at how stats/gear are influencing combat? Much of the mob balance seems to be done to keep up with our out-of-control DPS; and gear/statflation seems to be playing a huge part in this.
    HaphazardAllure, Edelphia and Awkk like this.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

Personally, I am not much of a decorator, so I already have more houses than I will ever use. More fluff items just take up bank space (or wherever else you choose to store them). The DoV portal paintings were useful, though. What I really want is a collection extractor item/ability. Right now, placing a colllection item in the collection window is like a black hole....the item is gone forever. I would like to see the ability to extract collection items (where the collection has not been completed and turned in for the reward, of course). Too many times I discover that one alt has a rare collection piece that would complete the set of another character. Making removed collection items NO-DROP would be pointless, but making them HEIRLOOM is acceptable. Even making a marketplace extractor item is acceptable, providing the cost of said extractor is reasonable (<=100DBC).
    Prissetta and Edelphia like this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

[n
    -.- So because you personally don't like fluff, you don't want anyone to get any fluff? -.-

I'm not quite sure what this extractor is, but a filter on the broker to only show usable collection items (filtering out ones we've already added to collections) would be a wonderful thing.
    Edelphia likes this.
  11. Edelphia Well-Known Member

the guild scroll depot! Can we get a button to sort by usable/class so we don't have to sort through 5000 spells to find the 2 we didn't know we were even missing?
  12. Lucida Member

I love the idea of having a "Wardrobe", We have waaaaayyyyy too many outfits now that it takes up much needed bank space. I would love it if we have a place to store all clothing much like a depot so I could lighten up my load.
    NrthnStar5, GrunEQ, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

The extractor is something similar to the adornment remover...except you can remove a collection item from an incomplete collection instead, from what I gather by Svenone's explanation. It's actually a very good idea, and as he said, if it turns those collection pieces into heirloom, that would be fine, though I don't see the point. If the collection was incomplete, there's really not that much difference between selling a collection piece I harvested or one that I removed from my incomplete collection, and I think the heirloom/bound to account/no trade stuff is way overdone already.

I would totally support a wardrobe...I've said it before and I'll continue to say it...i think the company stands to only gain by adding a wardrobe. One reason I NEVER spend marketplace cash on appearance items, is simply because there's no place to store those items without taking up valuable storage space. I absolutely love the cloaks, and even some of the weapons, but I simply won't purchase them until/unless a wardrobe is implemented that will clear up this space issue. I think it's probably the same for many others as well.

I agree on a search function for depots, and as for the broker...can you please add one more category? I tried to search for some harvested resources on the broker, and went to filter it, only to discover, there's no 'harvests' option in the filter. There are already soooooo many harvested resources for tradeskilling, that it stands to reason you should be able to filter those out from all the other junk on the broker, so that if I set the filter to 'harvests' and type 'oak' in the search box, it only brings up harvested resources containing the word 'oak', and not charms and other items that also contain words like 'croak' and 'cloak' and 'soaked', etc.

I too, would like a new house and a new merc with the expac, and am looking forward to see what's in the plans for it. Thank you for bringing back pre-orders as well.
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, we definitely need more storage space for outfits and such. With each event and expansion we get more and more outfits but nowhere additional to store them.
    Damaa, Tylia, HaphazardAllure and 3 others like this.
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

TBH, and I hate what I am about to say to an extent because I KNOW somebody's going to have a negative comment in regards to it, but have any of you guys seen Rift's new wardrobe storage system?

You no longer have to keep the items in your inventory/bank any longer, because once you obtain an item appearance, the skin is saved and can be used anytime free of charge across all characters on your account.
  16. Svenone Well-Known Member

I never said that nobody should get fluff if they want it, only that *I* have no use for it. Please do not put words in my mouth, thanks!

While my post had nothing to do with the broker, I do like the idea of a filter. Thumbs up on that suggestion!
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

IIRC the DCUO wardrobe system works similarly, but only with the character that obtained it, not across the entire account. Still an awesome design and I hope they can bring it here!

I suspect if DBG implements something like this, they'll make the wardrobe store per character, and may make it either consume or attune the item used. Making it work across the entire account would completely gut the appearance clothes market, and allowing the item to be traded would have a similar effect. But those restrictions are no more than we have with current clothing attunement, so I could definitely live with them.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I agree, but make the wardrobe a recipe for tinkers / carpenters, heck maybe toss that at the tailors. Do not put this on the Marketplace. You will make your money through the increase sales of wardrobe items.

A armory crate for storage of weapons/shield appearance items is also ideal and should be a recipe for our crafters...maybe toss that one at the weaponsmith? But do not put that on the market place. You will make your money from the increased sale of appearance weapons.

Or better yet, make appearance item weapons and shields also mountable on walls and such as "storage" then when folks want to use them they just swap it from off the walls of their weapons room in their house. Win Win....and great for the decorators as well!! Decorators would buy the appearance weapons to use in their decorating.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have seen that, and I do think it's a wonderful idea, but if they do that, they will need to extend it so that we can also use those same appearances on our house actors/mannequins, or we'll still be saving wardrobe and weapon items.

I like Moonpanther's idea for shield/weapon storage though as it would be awesome to be able to display all those on the wall, while they are not in use. The concept is already in existence, with mounts being able to be converted to house items, then converted back again. The art already exists too, as shields and weapons already have a 3-D appearance...it would just be a matter of coding it to work the same way the mounts do.

So where can we view the recording of today's Live Stream, and see what this new expansion is all about?

Edit: Nm, got my dates mixed up. Was thinking the live stream was today, lol.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

Correct, but the only reason I threw out the idea of making them heirloom was for people who may be concerned about a flood of collectable item as people "extract" them to sell them. Making extracted collection items heirloom would allow their use by other characaters on that account/server, but stop a potential flood on the broker. Now if we could trade between servers on the same account, that would be really cool!
    Prissetta likes this.