Expansion 12 and More on The Horizon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Heinzy Active Member

This is the #1 concern I have, can you imagine if WoW's DF wouldn't include it's current expac.
    I'm afraid if the DF remains in it's current state (a compromise for having taken player made dungeon grind away) I personalty won't be all that motivated in buying.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

heck just wait if the cap goes up and what ever lurks in the dark
    I think it was fun to end up on the boat to the island when the locked servers went live
    So let the devs surprise you with their goodies I bet they love to see exited happy faces.
    Prissetta, Awkk and FriggaWitch like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

aod was never part of any expansion and was not an expansion in and of itself. that was explained so many times that it was literally beat to death.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

why is this so hard to understand? seems plain as day to me. it is like the other campaigns - you know those called other names like splitpaw saga. they are included in every expansion after that but when they came out, they were considered separate content.
    Alenna likes this.
  5. Breta Well-Known Member

And you're wrong. AoD is an feature expansion, but it's considered to be an expansion pack nevertheless.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

i remember this being hotly debated on several threads and we were told it was a feature pack but i always thought it was funny that it included a collector's edition
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

If I recall, it doesn't unless you can solo some "are you good enough to play in a group" zone test thing.
  8. Breta Well-Known Member

Back then (mid DoV) they had an idea that every expansion from now on will be a feature pack, while content will be a free part of regular game updates. This concept was quickly abandoned, quite possibly the sales numbers weren't as good as expected. AoD might have never been part of any other new expansion, but as it stands, it's still one of the 11 expansions we got so far.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

if you are trying to debate this old stuff with me, then you will be disappointed. i refuse to get involved further with you in this discussion. it is derailing to the thread and has no bearing on this expansion.
  10. dngrmse Active Member

Beastlords, Channelers, Mercenaries, Reforging, and the winged race, (forget the name), are probably exceptions, since you have to purchase those classes/races/abilities separately as it is. I'm assuming those things are not included in the 'all content' promise.
    suka likes this.
  11. Breta Well-Known Member

I'm merely proving that your original statement was wrong, so nobody gets confused.
  12. dngrmse Active Member

Because of all the reports of Beastlord warders nearly surviving small group content, this massively OP class will be nerfed again.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Well now, we've known for quite a while that there was new content coming out in November. It stands to reason that anything that came out before would be included in the price of the new one as it has been in the past. ;)
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  14. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well there are bound to be problems but that's the nature of the beast. It's gonna be great!!
    Edelphia likes this.
  15. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Uh huh and Reforging and Mercs are prolly not gonna be included but that's only a guess. Prolly a collector's edition merc though.
  16. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I will explain it with simple 3rd grade math for you.
    First. there were only 2 adventure packs ever released and they were about $5 each. Bloodline and Splitpaw.
    Ever since then there has been 1 expansion every year.

So forget early adopters, pre-orders, and CE versions for the moment, they usually cost about $60.
    So $60 a year is not so bad.
    Then they said they are scrapping these and going to release about 4 campaigns a year about $15 each.
    4 X 15 = 60
    Same amount of content, in the same period of time, for the same price just spread out.

Sooooo if ToV was $60 in 2013, then AoM was $60 in 2014, then we paid $15 for RC, and if this new one comes in at another $60....do you see the issue yet?
    Or would you like me to illustrate it with apples and oranges?
    FriggaWitch and Breta like this.
  17. Veta Well-Known Member

Lol. I am really excited that the class is being boosted. I havent enjoyed my main lately, so it would be nice to play my beastlord again, except it will be worth playing.
    Awkk likes this.
  18. Awkk Well-Known Member

The world of Norrath could not handle the truth and glory that was 1-9. That is why 1-9 was dethroned and had to return to its home planet.

Guess I'll just wait and see if level cap goes up. Maybe it's a surprise. ;)
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're pulling $60 from. AoM (non-CE, Edit: you said to forget about the CE for your math example) was $39.99. Pretty sure ToV was also $39.99, but I'm not going to try to find my credit card history to check that.

Your 4 x 15 = 60 would actually have given Daybreak an extra $20 per year.
  20. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

It has been a while since those were released, but I thought they cost $19.99-$29.99 at the time. I am pretty sure they did not cost $5.