Expansion 12 and More on The Horizon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Awkk Well-Known Member

I heard cap was going to 105, is that true?
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

I think holly said that the cap would not go up for quite a while
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, is a proper DF still in the works and will it include ALL top end heroic dungeons?
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

How is beastlord looking? Also, anything classwise we can get a sneak peek of? Like new aas or anything, if there is new character optimization is being added.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

You got early access by purchasing it. I didn't purchase, and won't see it until after the new xpac releases, at which time its' content will be outdated.
  6. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well that rare item merchant out in PS is really something and the prices are to die for.
  7. Tweaked New Member

Ugh I just came back to Eq2 and purchased AoM+Rum,now a month and half later a New expansion.
  8. Miragian Well-Known Member

I can't help but think the marketing group for EQ2 needs to be fired and completely replaced from the ground up. I'll skip the whole let's not say anything worth while about the expansion until the last possible moment and prevent any expectation/word of mouth to spread. I think Feldon nailed that thoroughly with his post on his site the other day.

Instead I'll focus on the logic behind, getting all the expansions, oh and the existing ones are on sale. Umm... your sales numbers are going to go to pretty much zero. You just told everyone that has any interest in new content to not bother if they haven't already bought the stuff because, we're getting it all at once anyway.

For those of you that already gave us a ton of money up to this point for all the other content, well you get to pay the full price anyway. Enjoy overpaying.

*sigh*

p.s. I fully expect them to reuse the same tired collection, of collection of collections mechanic they have used for the last what is it 4 expansions? You get pieces from the overland zones, from the solo instances and from the group instances. Only if you have full sets of all of them do you get enough pieces to get whatever the "reward" is. By the time most people have them all the item is old and has been replaced by something you get shortly after the next expansion.
    Feldon and Sentrasia like this.
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Welcome to pretty much every expansion cycle on MMOs ever. New Xpacs including past ones for free is the status quo, EQ2 just kept fighting it for some reason. You can buy this one or wait another 12 months and get it free with the next one, or 24 months and get this one and the after it for free with the purchase of that one, etc etc.

Seriously, do you buy a loaf of bread, then when it goes on sale in a week go up to the store yelling you should get some money back because you paid 'full price?'
  10. Miragian Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of dumb to expect anyone to buy the last expansion or rum cellar when they just said "don't bother it will be included in what you are about to pay for anyway"

And while I realize it wasn't likely your intent, I'll say it anyway. If the bread goes on sale a week or two after I bought it I think in Target's case I can go back and get money back.
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

You clearly don't get the point.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

That's what was said last spring, but I heard a rumor in General chat last week that Holly had just said the cap was going up to 105 after all.
  13. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Reasons for purchasing AoM at this point :

1) to get collector's edition rewards before they become unavailable like forever

2) ye simply have soo much DBC in yer wallet and don't plan to buy expansion-12 in the foreseeable future

;)
  14. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Or, they launch EoF expansion in the summer, and play this game of "collect 4 levels of colored shinies, but 1-2 are SUPER RARE, and if you run with the same 6-8 people, you still only find 1 of the rare ones".
  15. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Well if you heard it in General chat, then yes it is definitely going up to 105.
    HaphazardAllure and Mitten like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YESSS!!!! :eek:;):):D

(I think so, too.)

Uwk
    Prissetta and Awkk like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! But will they be available for everyone from T1-T10/11/whatever? :)

Uwk
  18. Mitten Active Member

1-9 is more reliable, iirc.
    Neiloch and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thank you for including Rum Cellar in the xpac!

And please, if you love us at all, do NOT put the burburs in some kind of mystery box so you get a random one rather than choosing? I have only ever bought one of those random item bags once - that was the wreathe kittens/puppies, and it was because I was getting them all. So I bought one gift bag on the off chance I'd get the dragon instead, then bought the other kittens and puppies at full price.

I'd much, much rather pay a bit extra to get each one I want than get a random one I may or may not like.
  20. Streppoch Member

BAT MOUNT!

*jumps up and down excitedly*