Expansion 12 and More on The Horizon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

kander is against factions. and honestly, they don't bring anything fun to do with the game other than mindless grinding and repetition.
    Azian, brokenshieldd and GrunEQ like this.
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

If you are required to do daily faction quests for days/weeks to get the max faction, then yes. If you only really need to do all the quests in a zone to get max faction, then I don't think it's mindless grinding. It adds something extra to the questing experience and can incorporate nice faction rewards (armor/outfits/mounts/house items, etc).
    dngrmse likes this.
  3. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

if you only need to do all the quests in a zone, then why not just unlock a merchant that has all the things you're asking for for completing an achievement for doing all the quests in said zone.

there would be no reason to add in a faction for that.

factions traditionally worked as requiring grinding enemies to earn faction or completing the same tasks repetitively to max out said faction. at some point it becomes boring and tedious and after completing said faction you don't have a reason to play that content anymore.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I've been playing LOTRO with a friend and so far most every zone has at least one faction, and in most cases we get the faction needed by completing all the quests in said zone, and in some cases maybe a few repeatables, but it's never felt like we were grinding to get faction. Now, on the other hand I've played Rift heavily and they have some very grindy faction grinds. IMO it adds reward for completing the content in a said zone. But yes, an achievement that unlocked vendor rewards would achieve the same thing.
  5. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I like faction rewards, but, I agree that there should be no repetitive grinding to achieve it. A questline to get faction would be great I still resent the Othmir and the Ry'Gorr for making me want to spend mindless hours just to get an adornment I thought I needed to proceed. lol
    I did pick up some pretty cool rewards along the way tho so I guess that was a worthy prize.
    I rather enjoy getting an armor crate for completing achievements in zones and for completing quest lines I don't think there could ever be enough of those.
    NrthnStar5 likes this.
  6. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Is there going to be something special with the pre-order besides all the previous expansions? Will there be a Collector's Edition? if so, will there be special items with that? Will there be any discounts for pre-ordering? Inquiring minds want to know. :D
  7. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Probably :p
    You might be able to find out in 48 minutes? :)

Or do you suppose we have to wait for the livestream?
  8. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Dunno, I'm going to guess we have to wait for the livestream. I'm betting no one is up at DB right now to update the information (though it could be automated I suppose)
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Well, the ad for AoM/RC is gone from the scrolling window on the main page, several minutes late, but I can still get to the sale page via the anoucement further down the page.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Well.
    it is now three (3) hours (PST) into the new day, 01oct15, and Rum Cellar is still available on https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content.
    The announcement did state the first of October would be pre-order availability, did it not?
  11. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Think its safe to assume Oct 1, when west coasters are up and at work... most likely the expac ordering site will go up after its announced at the Live Stream. I'm wanting to see the info as well, but I can wait another 5 hours ish.
  12. dngrmse Active Member

It's called faction.

And it's a good idea. I like the idea of neat rewards like that, as opposed to everyone gets their cookie on day one. These things give people something to work for, and look forward too.
    Awkk and NrthnStar5 like this.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Faction grinding, whether it be via a quest line or killing enemies has consistently been one of the things I most dislike in the game. ESPECIALLY, after you've done it on one character already and have to look at doing it again with alts.
  14. Hekynn New Member

Cant wait to pre order the expac later today woot! Bring on the content! :D
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  15. Proen Member

I really wanna hear about class change's (if any) and combat. Like Crit bonus phasing or Auto attack, and will Ca's do more cuz there are some really stupid ones out there.
  16. Razzy New Member

I vote that all future expansions be released in February! Right before the holidays when you have kids makes it near impossible to justify spending so much on oneself, plus February gives me a great gift idea for the significant other! Nothing so romantic as saying honey I love you here's the next expac for the game you love so well! Please keep this in mind for the future!!!! For all the moms out there, Thanks!
    GrunEQ likes this.
  17. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Preordered ToT, no sign of ToV or AoM except for a transaction for AoM marked "payment source unavailable" in my account info.
    I'll wait and see if they fix that along with the "invisible" preorder altar.
  18. Raveen Active Member

I was pretty happy with the live stream today. Last years CE wasn't really worth it to me so I got the base. This years looks awesome and at least to me totally worth $89. Was really happy to see new diety system in place and being able to upgrade gear with a new system as well.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Awkk Well-Known Member

Start saving in January and set aside 5 or 10 dollars a month, by the time October comes, you'll have 50 or 100 dollars to spend on your new expansion!
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

For 1 account!

Anyone got the twitch recorded on youtube or something. I know nothing (Jon Snow) about what's happening as I couldn't watch the livestream.